December 21, 2014

Friends reunion update: it probably won't happen (but not because of the actors)

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 17th 2009 1:30PM
FriendsSo this is the 9,327th article that has been written about a possible Friends reunion. A lot of fans would like to see one but it seems that there have always been one or two holdouts that are preventing a reunion from taking place. But those holdouts might not be the actors themselves.

Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe) tells US that a reunion, whether on TV or on the big-screen, will probably never happen because the creators (Marta Kauffmann and David Crane) don't think it's a good idea. Kudrow isn't sure how a reunion would work anyway, but she seems to be up for it if they can do something interesting.

Would you want to see a reunion? Friends is one of my favorite shows, but I'm wondering how they could do a reunion. Would it be the same without the old set (Monica and Chandler bought a house and Joey moved out to L.A. to...well...star in a short-lived sitcom)? They'd have to get Central Perk in there somehow.

Andrew

I'd like to see one, but I'm sure it'd be a disappointment if it did happen.

November 17 2009 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Andrew's comment
Ken

Yeah. I'm enjoying the speculation much more than I think I would like a reunion movie/special.

November 17 2009 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony DIMeo

I was fan of the show but I don't want to see a reunion because it would probably be lame.

November 17 2009 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linkeyot

Sorry, meant to say Joey not Phoebe (was looking at the name in the article and was not paying attention)

November 17 2009 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kurt

Would love to see them all sitting at a table in LA as larry david walks by...saying hello and then don't do it (with larry's body and facial gestures). Too bad, could have been the finale to Curb this year.

November 17 2009 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
matthew m. barnes

i think that they should do an annual Thanksgiving episode and just make it a once a year tradition.

November 17 2009 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

I would like to see a reunion, but I don't think it would work as a feature film (i.e. Sex and the City). I think it would work best as a reunion special on TV, like some older sitcoms have done in the past. I think the idea of Ross and Rachel's wedding would be a decent plot, can't really think of anything else.

November 17 2009 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linkeyot

I think it should be Phoebe's wedding. As Ross and Rachel would have married soon after the show's finale.

November 17 2009 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to linkeyot's comment
robert

Phoebe got married before the show ended.

November 17 2009 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alk02g

Phoebe already got married. to Mike. in a blizzard.

November 17 2009 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Obviously it will be for the wedding of Ross and Rachel. Not sure where Ross/Rachel ended up living, but conceivably they could've stayed in Ross' place which would put Central Perk within walking distance.

November 17 2009 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply