September 23, 2014

Kathy Griffin lands guest spot on Law and Order SVU

by Allison Waldman, posted Nov 17th 2009 8:09AM
kathy_griffin_close-upThere's another Bravo to NBC crossover afoot. First, The Real Housewives of New Jersey popped over to play themselves on Mercy. Now it turns out that Kathy Griffin is on her way to Law and Order: SVU. And, get this, she's not playing herself. The queen of the D-list will be acting.

Kathy has been tapped to play a lesbian activist in the February 10 episode. As anyone who's watched Kathy on her Emmy-award winning reality show, My Life on the D-List, Kathy is a shameless over-achiever and loves to work. She's ambitious and determined to get off the D-list. As she might say, she would go to the opening of a refrigerator if it would help her career.

Clearly, appearing on NBC's top-rated drama -- although that's not saying much considering that NBC is currently in fourth place among the four networks -- could be a feather in Kathy's cap. Even with all of NBC's issues, at least SVU remains a very good show. And many guest turns have been Emmy-recognized. In recent years, Leslie Caron, Amanda Plummer, Cynthia Nixon and Marcia Gay Harden all won for appearing on SVU. Could KG be the next splashy guest star to grab a golden statuette?

One thing's for sure; Kathy will drive ratings. She'll get her fanny out there on talk shows and promote the appearance. If she could, she'd go to your house and make sure you tune in for the entire hour.

kevin

I love SVU and and have seen every show, I will watch it like always. I really hope Kathy wont be a seen stealer, she does make me laugh sometimes and I know she can be a pain. All I will say is this ... she gonna be doing some acting so I hope she's acting and not being an ass.

November 18 2009 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra

SVU is one of my favorites, but why anyone would watch anything that features this woman is beyond me. She is anything but funny. Pathetic is more accurate. I hate that I'll miss SVU one week. I doubt that I'll discover something I like as much while away, but who knows? I continue to ask how in the world she ever got on anything.

November 18 2009 at 5:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

Please tell me that she's going to be the one that gets thrown in prison at the end of the show. That'd make watching SVU worth while.

November 17 2009 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas Pugh

"get this, she's not playing herself. The queen of the D-list will be acting".

Never knew she could act!

November 17 2009 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
California Granny

All this lady wants to do is earn a living. She will win some and loose some. You go, girl.

November 17 2009 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brooke

Why are you so surprised that Kathy Griffin isn't going to be playing herself, and that she will be acting? Maybe you don't remember a little show called Suddenly Susan? Good for her for getting the part. It will be interesting to see her in a more serious role, and I think she'll handle it well.

November 17 2009 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YoYo

I think she is funny. I'll watch it!

November 17 2009 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nelson

All I can say is, this woman is horrible.

November 17 2009 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIKE ZVIRBLIS

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO WATCH NBC.

November 17 2009 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tRICIA

You know, I love SVU...but I will make it a point NOT to watch this show! If it's a ratings stunt, it's one that's going to backfire. Shame on NBC! Dumb move!

November 17 2009 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply