October 22, 2014

Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura -- An early look

by Brad Trechak, posted Nov 22nd 2009 2:02PM
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse VenturaJesse Ventura has been a professional wrestler, an actor and a politician. None of these things have been as fake as the reality television show he will be hosting on truTV titled Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura (premiering December 2 at 10 PM ET).

For the record, I have never met or spoken to Jesse Ventura. He would corroborate this if anybody asked. As a result, I have no idea if he actually believes the crap he says or the conspiracies he investigates on this show. From what I've read, it wouldn't surprise me.

In the series premiere, Jesse and his crew of unknowns, consisting of two young white guys and the token black British female, are investigating a U.S. government installation built in Alaska that's possibly intended to control the weather. Who makes this stuff up? Now we know where the monies saved from stopping the "bridge to nowhere" went.

By "unknowns," I mean that we are only given his assistants' first names and not told any of their qualifications for investigating conspiracies. Nothing screams "actor" quite like these qualities. So how real does that make this reality? Not very.

All that being said, I'm a fan of Jesse Ventura. He was great back in his WWF days when his character seemed over the top and quirky. Now he seems old and tired, yet still trying to remain relevant and hip.

Another problem of the show is that the music, cuts, and general cinematography are about as subtle as World War II. The show hits the viewer over the head with loosely related facts that are spliced side-by-side as if it all must logically fit. It's the video version of The National Enquirer, or possibly Fox News. If The Onion were behind this program, there likely wouldn't be that much of a difference. This program in no way could be confused with high art.

The show does the standard conspiracy routine by having interviews with people tangentially related to the weather control project. Predictably, these talking heads link horrific weather events like Hurricane Katrina to the installation. The funniest bit on the program is when Jesse and crew try to gain access to the installation by buzzing the front door and being let in. Jesse throws around his credentials as an ex-Navy Seal and former Minnesota governor in order to gain access while a television crew sits by his side. It is grandstanding as pure entertainment, reminiscent of his pro-wrestling days. As a result, it was fun to watch. If you want to find out whether it worked or not, watch the program.

I'm sure there are conspiracy nuts out there who will dig this show. A few ideas for future episodes could be discovering the basement in which they faked the moon landing or finding the time-traveling alien that shot JFK. The latter would definitely be an episode to watch. Which conspiracies would you like to see Jesse investigate?

If treated as parody or satire, then Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura might actually be good. However, the show seems to take itself seriously and that makes it into a pretty big joke.

Bernwheat

I don't usually post to these kind of sites, but after reading this review I just had to. Brad Trechak you are an Idiot. If you can tell me of any 10 year period in history when government conspiracies were not going on then I will say what you wrote might be true.

But you can't because the history books are full of them, the Bible is full of them, life is full of them.

If your head is buried so far up where the sun doesn't shine, then I hope the smell is not too hard on your little mind. If you can really believe that our government would be any different then any other government in history, then keep your head up there.

Don't you remember anything from history class in school or did you drop out in second grade. You are the perfect example of the old saying.
"the only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history."

Being someone that does business in the technologies you thing are jokes, I can say without a doubt you are an idiot. Before you write these first grader reviews go back and read your school history books. These history books only tell you a small part of the stories and they still show just how wrong you are.

I will say from the 2 show I seen that they are very soft hitting, and they are far from playing hardball on these subjects. But it doesn't change the fact that government conspiracies have always been a real part of life.

One other thing about conspiracies in history. The ones that scream the loudest against them, are usually ones most involved.

January 03 2010 at 12:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cassandra

First of all when It comes to Haarp you don't fuck with nature that is a given. Is trying to control weather worth killing millions of people? (The tsunami in India came with no warning now it has not been proven but it is something to think about) I don't know what kind of world we live in apparently I never did. Haarp has the capablilty of controling your mind. Now what a free world we live in. Next subject 9/11 planned by our own country? I believe it. There is too many missing pieces and the points that Jesse pretty much proved make a lot more sense than what our government gave us.And we are over seas in a war for what our own country started spending billions of dollars a month over there when people in our own country are loosing their homes staring to death shouldn't charity begin at home? I ask my self how can people sleep at night thinking of the millions of people they have killed. Greedy? I am not one to judge they will have to answer to their own actions one day. Are they the ones whom will damn us all? What a world we live in. It is amazing what money does to people. We are all human and no one is better than another. What gives them the right? Their title? It really bothers me what else do we not know? Im ready for next week esposide of global warming that is going to be interesting.

December 09 2009 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathan

Actually HAARP is used for weather control. If you don't beleive me or Jesse Ventura then go to the History Channel and watch their show about HAARP and the other institutions around the world just like it. They explain what the purpose of the anttenna are and how they are used to control the Weather by blasting the Iona spher with ULF waves in order to knock parts of the jet stream out creating a hole which allows them to control the earths jet stream which in turn allows them to control the movement of High and low pressure fronts which they can then force to collide making a hurricane which they can then move using the same method they used to make it. Try and prove me wrong. Do the research open your pathetic minds to the fact that no government cares about their people just the money they make off of them. I love the US by the way it's still better to live here then some other places.

December 07 2009 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nathan's comment
Charles F. Krauss

Nathan What you wrote about HAARP souds workable Let me ask you a question if "Big Brother" can do this then logic suggests SOMEONE in cyber space can undo this yes??

December 31 2009 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wassup?!

WOW!! "...time-traveling alien that shot JFK..."?? I hadn't considered that ridiculous theory...I'm still spreading the wacko story of the "Single Bullet Theory-as-Government-Fact"... Oh, forgive me, oh wise one, if you still believe that one......

December 04 2009 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jidnum

http://Www.ConspiracyTheoryJesseVentura.Com has the whole thing online. about HAARP and how it's used for mind control and weather control. Some wild but interesting claims, makes ya wonder.

December 04 2009 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jidnum

December 04 2009 at 8:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Jones

This author reminds me of the "cool" kids in highschool who were all talk but really idiots. How about some substance to your arguments, Mr Writer, instead of insults?
Commenting on the not-so-subtle cinematography? Are you the type of person who buys a $2000 wrist watch because it costs $2000? (i.e. you judge a book by its covers?)
"The standard conspiracy routine"?? You crack me up. It's like calling this a "standard article". Vague and nebulous, much like your points in this POS.
The only redeeming part of this article? Poking at FOX.

December 01 2009 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ft

How is weather control a conspiracy...its proven fact. It was even used in Vietnam. We conducted "cloud seeding" which caused rainfall and produced flooding and flushed out the enemy.

As far as HAARP goes...Haarp says one thing and the military says another. Military documents essentially say it can possibly some day be used for weather control.

My bet is you didn't even look into it.

Of course screwing with the ionosphere screws with the weather.

Control it...no. But screw with it by accident, yes.

November 23 2009 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hessian

Isn't Fox News the video version of Fox News?

November 22 2009 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hessian's comment
Roylene

Let me guess!! You have to be a democrat!!!

November 29 2009 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pingles

I am a fan of any non-politician who gets in office if only because I think the political machines driving lifelong politicians' careers have too much power.

So when Ventura was interviewed a few years back on the radio I listened with great interest. I think he was pushing a book, certainly not this show. Thisi is the first I've heard of that.

About halfway through the interview he started in on conspiracy stuff and ended up sounding like such a raving lunatic that I had to turn off the interview. I was genuinely just so embarrassed for the guy I couldn't take it any more.

It's unfortunate.