April 24, 2014

Mall Cops coming to TV

by Brad Trechak, posted Nov 23rd 2009 9:29AM

Paul Blart Mall CopI am sorry to report that Kevin James in Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Seth Rogen in Observe and Report have started a phenomenon, because a new reality series called Mall Cops: Mall of America is coming to TLC. This is what happens when two movies that are superficially related to each other get released in close chronological proximity.

Granted, the Mall of America is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) malls in America and there is likely more than a fair share of crimes that go on there during any given day. I just wonder if the show is going to hire its own criminals to commit felonies in the mall just to keep things interesting.

4me2knw

There's already too many cop shows and hospital shows. Have we really lost our imaginations? Can't the producers think of anything new?? I'm sick to death of these shows!!!

November 24 2009 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dlaplan01

I can't wait till it starts. I live in Minnesota and I have a friend that is actually a MOA security guard and is on the show. Whoot-whoot to Officer Palmer!!

November 24 2009 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
larry

They will be checking for health care cards.

November 24 2009 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robert

i just ran across a recap of one of the episodes of this last night. here's a couple of highlights.

- A mall cop needs to check the badges of some construction workers. They all have badges. Carry on.

- An old lady cries because she can't find her car. Bicycle mall cops find it for her.

- A mall cop finds a lost baby sock and immediately goes on patrol searching for a baby wearing only one sock. Sadly, the tiny sock is never reunited with its family.

November 23 2009 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

"I can see it now: the season deals with standard problems like shoplifters and lost children until the season finale which ends in a hostage situation cliffhanger. Want to see the footage of how it turns out? Wait until season two."

Well that IS the way reality shows are commonly presented. I haven't seen a reality show yet that is actual reality. They are all 'enhanced' reality. If they called it a "realistic show" instead, maybe it would catch my attention and I would be more willing to watch , knowing they were being honest about what they were filming. maybe.

November 23 2009 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to wulfn1's comment
Rhino

I suggest you watch Cops. The orginal and best reality show on the air. Simple premise: Cameras riding along with police and the footage is shown on television. That is reality.

November 24 2009 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angry

NOOOO Rhino, noooooo. The show "cops" is NOT a TRUE REALITY SHOW. As SOON as ANYONE knows that there is a camera rolling the REALITY ENDS, all you see is a series of structured reactions to actions. I know what I'm talking about - I'm a former officer and I know that they could NOT show what USUALLY HAPPENS AND IS SAID. Dream on...

November 24 2009 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

LOL, might be fun to watch considering my history with mall cops. Had one falsely hold me when I was 16 accusing me and my friends of stealing and didn't allow me to call my parents after I asked several times and said I can call when I was arrested though I reminded him I was a minor and they couldn't hold us without allowing us to call our parents. The police came and had to let us go since we didn't even fit the description and they had to issue a formal apology and were told they weren't allowed to even talk to me and my friends ever again.

November 23 2009 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Martin's comment
May

Bull

November 24 2009 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angry

There is an alternative -- go to the Craigslist site, to the Miami, Florida location, to the "for sale" area, then to the "auto parts" then type in Communicator4U. I'm told that if you purchase that product then when you have to deal with those pesky traffic cameras (or some have said they use it on toll roads too) you will have an upper hand with dealing with these places that only want revenue/income/money. Remember: Communicator4U -- you could even Google it to see where else it is sold too.

November 24 2009 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply