September 19, 2014

Was Zobelle's kiss just a kiss?

by Danny Gallagher, posted Nov 27th 2009 7:16PM
There was another observation from the last episode of Sons of Anarchy that I noticed, or maybe I just didn't want to acknowledge that I noticed it.

Just before Clay, Jax and company finally move in on Ethan Zobelle's cigar store for what will presumably be their final kill, Ethan and his daughter share an uncomfortably long kiss.

Granted these two think they are going to have their brains splattered against the walls by their scorned enemies and are in fear of their ever-loving lives, but the kiss they shared seemed to suggest that something else might be going on between then. So...

Did the kiss between Zobelle and his daughter mean anything?
Yes, they are uncomfortably close544 (79.9%)
No, Dr. Freud, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar137 (20.1%)

fancastfan

Hi all, Sons of Anarchy creator/exec prod. Kurt Sutter will be online taking your questions/comments in a live chat on Monday Nov. 30 at 2 pm ET/11 am PT (just in time for the season finale on Tuesday, Dec. 1. and to tease a little about the new season :)

Hope you can stop by for a live chat on all things SOA with the man.

Cheers,
Jim (for Fancast)

November 29 2009 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cath

The Kiss...? How about him smelling her fingers and making the remark about being with her lover??? No one caught that? maybe they are "just father and daughter" to keep people from harming her and to further their agenda

November 29 2009 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

With wanting to keep/make the US white, Zobelle doing this isn't a surprise.

November 29 2009 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eric f

Remember, this is the same guy who had no problem sending his daughter to sleep with the Irish in order to influence them.

November 29 2009 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
malren

Yeah that was creepytown all the way. I'm even going so far as to predict that she may not be his daughter, but posing as a daughter for whatever Machiavellian scheme he's cooked up.

Or she's straight blood-related and they're just bangin' like good white redneck racists would in Sutter's opinion.

November 28 2009 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

Seriously too long. I am from an Italian family and we don't even kiss like that. I could see a really long hug with a kiss on the cheek but that was just creepy. I don't know about anyone else but it made me vomit a little in my mouth.

November 28 2009 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gooby

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I went to an eeeeeew place with that. Peck on the lips between friends I get, but that was just uncomfortably long in my opinion considering they're supposed to be father and daughter. Yeah, just, no.

November 28 2009 at 8:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Idium

Let me just say, I would never kiss anyone in my family on the lips.

So that is just wierd to me.

November 27 2009 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply