July 23, 2014

Goodbye Raising The Bar

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 1st 2009 12:06PM
Raising The Bar
I don't know how many people will miss TNT's Raising The Bar. It was one of those shows that you never really heard people talking about - fans or critics - even though it had a pretty high-profile cast, including Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Jane Kaczmarek. The 2008 premiere actually grabbed over 7.7 million viewers, but that number dropped 50% for the second season premiere, so the writing was on the wall.

TNT has canceled the legal drama. There are still a few episodes that haven't aired yet and they will probably be shown sometime in early 2010.

Jerry

Thank you for this post, we are a online dating website blog network, which college students read our blog, so thanks and well post this article on our blog. Jennifer @ University of Syracuse.
college personals

December 08 2009 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deezul

I didn't watch it after reading some reviews that it wasn't a great show. Being on cable does not automatically make you "edgy" or "pushing the envelope." Sometimes it just means your show wasn't good enough for one of the networks, so you went the cable route, and even that didn't work.

December 01 2009 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leroy

Unless it became much better after the first episode (the only one I watched) I can't see why anyone would care. It seemed cliched and poorly written.

December 01 2009 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Garrett

A great show that very rarely took sides. The discussion of the cases with the characters was the best part. Reminded me of the early good years of Law and Order before Moriarty left.

December 01 2009 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rangerbar

This makes me sad becasue Raising the Bar was prolly the most realistic legal drama that has been on TV.

December 01 2009 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

I liked it and will miss it.

December 01 2009 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I tried, I really did, but I really disliked this show.

December 01 2009 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ganesh

bummer, i liked the show. i didn't know its numbers were that bad.

December 01 2009 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LRM

Ugh, thank you. Now I won't have to watch those painful commercials in between my Law and Order repeats.

December 01 2009 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply