December 20, 2014

James Lipton wants you to think before you text

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 2nd 2009 11:00AM
I'm not sure the host of Inside The Actors Studio is the best person to get kids to stop texting naughty words and/or pictures, though I guess this ad is as much for parents as it is kids. But is it really successful?

I mean, "give it a ponder?" Do kids really talk like that today? Maybe British kids. (Though it is interesting to see Lipton without a beard.)

[via Adfreak]

Josh

The funniest one is where James Lipton uses "junk" and "peets" to signify penis! hahaha

December 03 2009 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lara

I don't know... the names they gave those ceramic figurines were pretty provocative!

December 03 2009 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ALice

Love it! And I love James Lipton. If you don't know who he is, tune into his show. He has terrific guests (who would not bother with him if he weren't special). He's an interesting and amusing interviewer. This is a great series of ads. I hope they are the start of more of the same. Somebody (think caps) has to get the message across to these kids who will text anything (think bold caps) and then it's out there .... forever.

December 03 2009 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patty

Well, it would certainly be nice and refreshing if not only our youth, but the population at large would start to speak a little more proper. What I see and hear in our youth is really very sad. If James Lipton can pull it off, then kudos to him!

December 03 2009 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mynameis

How many actually know who James Lipton is? James Lipton has been the host of "inside the Actors Studio" since it's premier on Bravo. He just recently turned 83, and is married. So he shaved. Who cares?

December 03 2009 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barb

The question do kids really talk like that? I wondered into a Spencers store yesterday to see what is going on with the younger crowd.There were shirts,bras key chains with smutty sayings,if you were,everywhere.Like "If your girl isn;t here I'll ****you til she is".Yeah,potty mouths abound in the sleeze set.THese are the "people"who have already slipped through the cracks.Never amoiunt to anything but charity collectors!

December 03 2009 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Barb's comment
john

The fact that you think Spencers will give you an inside look at the younger crowd is a problem in itself.

December 03 2009 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ErinMichelle

LOL He looks like James Lipton without a beard!

December 03 2009 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MFlynn

I was friends with a nut who fancied herself a poet.
Before every world shaking tome, she would write "Ponder this". I finally told the nut to ponder THIS!

December 03 2009 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cat

"TV Host Shaves Trademark Beard" I thought they were going to say Oprah

December 03 2009 at 7:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Cat's comment
AM

Apparently you didn't get the jist of this message.

December 03 2009 at 8:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

I love that!!! It's about time she has a crisis again!!! And that face.....I saw it yesterday before makeup!! Can u say double UGLY???

December 03 2009 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ericka

I could see 'give it a ponder' becoming one of those iconic phrases like: can you hear me now? I had to watch all five of them! Hilarious!

December 03 2009 at 6:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply