August 29, 2014

FX confirms Sons of Anarchy season three renewal

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Dec 3rd 2009 10:26AM
Charlie Hunnam and Maggie SiffRight on the tail of Kurt Sutter assuring fans that there would be a third season of Sons of Anarchy, FX has confirmed it -- the motorcycle drama will return in September 2010.

Another bright spot for the show? The series' second season finale, "Na Triobloidi," smashed the show's previous ratings record to make it the most watched Sons episode to date.

4.33 million total viewers tuned in and from that total, 2.99 million were in the coveted Adults 18-49 demographic. Men 18-49 chalked up 1.92 million viewers. With those numbers, the show secured the crown for the top scripted drama series during the season's 13-week run in the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot in average delivery of the Men 18-49 demo.

One other point worth noting -- Sutter signed a two-year deal to continue as executive producer and showrunner. So, unless something goes terribly wrong, there's a good chance Sons of Anarchy will have a fourth season in its future as well.

Judy Clyde

I love this show and glad there will be more seasons added. I am a 57 years old woman who has had a biker past. I don't know where that puts me in the demographics and I don't care, just keep the cameras rolling.

February 17 2010 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chuck2232

are you freaking kidding me! SEPTEMBER!!! If your writers can't get it together after 3 months off, fire those worthless bastards and I'll write season 3 myself. As much as I love the series, I hope another network picks it up and respects it and it's fans enough to treat it and them fairly. This sucks, you suck.

February 08 2010 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharron

The show is fantastic. Every actor is flawless, the direction superb. Watching this show has made my own bike club "Knights of Aequitas" even more tight and more passionate about the club. It's winter here in Yakima Washington, snow, freezing rain, sleet etc. so it's hard to get out and ride. I'm aching to ride and "Sons" allows me to ride vicariously through them till spring. Can hardly wait till season 2 comes out on dvd and season 3 begins.

January 11 2010 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane

This show ROCKS!!! I am so happy to know there will be a 3rd season and perhaps a 4th. I like the way the show represents bikers as people with feelings and responsibilities. So many people think of bikers as lazy, troublemakers. That is so far from the truth!!

January 10 2010 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SteelCowgirl

We've watched the show since Episode 1 and really enjoy it. It starts out at 10:00pm and then, since we are in AZ where we don't observe daylight savings time, it moves to 11:00pm. We really wish it would be on earlier. Great show!

December 27 2009 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam Kulik

As a big fan of the show, I did a doubletake at the gym yesterday when I realized that I had just walked past Ron Perlman (Clay). Being a non-LA, LA person, I still went up to him (all nervous) and congratulated him on the show's renewal and said that I loved the show. He said "thank you" very sweetly. I walked away with my legs feeling like rubber. But the adrenaline rush made for a great workout!

December 14 2009 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
connie

For starters i think the way it was ended was depressing. never saw it coming, but als on the other hand glad to hear it will return for two more seasons.keep it coming kathy and kurt.oh yea kathy u are looking good.

December 07 2009 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
becky

WOW !! THAT IS A REAL SHOW I LOVE JAX !! SADLY I JUST BEGAN WATCHING THIS SHOW A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. BUT YOU CAN BET I WILL NOT MISS ANOTHER AN I WILL BUY THE DVD OF THE PAST SEASONS IF POSSIBLE !!!! BEST WISHES AN GOOD LUCK !! YOUR SHOW IS AWSOME,,,, BECKY

December 07 2009 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie M

I love you guys I didn't want it to end. Jema & tara yall kick @## I look forward to watching the show each and every week. I think sept. 2010 is too long to wait. I miss you guys already. You better take care of that @### that took Abel I cried I want to kid his@33 myself take care

December 06 2009 at 3:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie Rice

Love the show! Can't wait until season 3 begins! I wish we didn't have to wait so long for it to return, Its already making me crazy wanting more

December 05 2009 at 10:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply