December 18, 2014

Jennifer Carpenter says to put your therapist on speed dial for Dexter season finale

by Danny Gallagher, posted Dec 7th 2009 5:54PM
If you've been following the fourth season of Dexter and his hunt for the Trinity Killer the way I have, then your butt is practically growing legs and willing to sprint towards this Sunday's season finale.

And now Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Debra Morgan on the show, is urging fans and new viewers alike to "have a good time talking to your therapists about it (the season finale) because it's beyond whatever you may think," according to a recent interview with E! Online.

Of course, this could all be just hype designed to draw in as many eyeballs as possible for a show that's already loaded to the gills with them, but I wouldn't put anything pass a show like Dexter. Despite the unevenness of all the plots this season, the Trinity Killer angle has more than made up for it. Could it be that we don't get to see Dex turn Arthur Mitchell into a human jigsaw puzzle on his kill table?

christeeny

Well, I have to hand it to Jennifer Carpenter. She was right. I didn't see that one coming at all.
I am still in shock! So sad too.

December 14 2009 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
demoderby4

Trinity's pattern fits very well into Dexter's family.... Just a thought. Cody, Deb, Rita, then well Dex...

December 09 2009 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank M.

My stab at the dark is that Trinity will somehow, "Out" Dexter as a serial killer too. Next season will be the Dexter manhunt by his co-workers.

December 08 2009 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Frank M.'s comment
JoeBrooks

That is one route I'm hoping they don't take. The Fugitive is NOT Dexter. I think the only good time for the Miami PD to find out who Dexter really is is after Dexter is ghosting the world with Harry.

December 08 2009 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willmore2000

Would it be too much to hope for Debra, Rita & the kids to get butchered (By Dexter or Trinity, I don't care)?

December 08 2009 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

I think Rita will end up having to kill Trinity (in self-defense or in defense of her children or even in defense of Dexter). I do not see Trinity being taped down on Dexter's table and being neatly killed and nicely disposed of in the ocean. Also I think Deb is finally going to learn that the ice truck killer was Dexter's biological brother (though whether she learns that dex knew about it all along is something I am not going to guess at).

Other than Trinity, I don't think any major characters will die. Actually I was thinking Quinn is the only character who is disposable, but now I think Quinn and Deborah will end up hooking up and being together next season. They've become close and they're both good for each other, especially since they both had relationships with murderers.

The real problem is Dexter has done such a good job of framing "Stan the Man" that there's no way Arthur Mitchell will ever end up in trouble with the police. And if he does, Dexter will have some tough questions to answer.

December 08 2009 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bruce's comment
JoeBrooks

I'm liking this idea of Rita being the one that kills Trinity in defense of Dexter. Wow, that could bring out some interesting scenes between the two coping with what just happened.

December 08 2009 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Takayo

That's indeed really hypey. I'm not really liking the idea of a full on cliffhanger, since Dexter is gone for a full 9 months instead of standard TVs 3 I might forget to tune in (yeah right!)

My guess on the twist is they'll go the way of the books and Deborah will find out Dexter's (more than) a little homicidal.

I was thinking that maybe Carpenter was trying to drop a hint with that therapist line- like maybe Dexter's imagined this entire season or something and is in therapy from his concussion way back from the start of the season, but that's too much of a stretch.

Regardless of the twists, I know I'll love it regardless! Can't freaking wait till Sunday!

December 07 2009 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoeBrooks

1) Bye Bye Rita
2) Bye Bye Debra
3) Bye Bye Batista and LaGuerta
4) Bye Bye Dexter

I'm going to predict that one or more of the above options is going to happen in the finale. And none of the options involves the permanent death of the trinity killer. Dexter and Trinity can play cat and mouse for another season as far as I'm concerned.

If they end this season with a bow and wrapping paper like they have every single previous season I will be disappointed. Dexter needs an old fashion cliffhanger to take us to the next (final?) season!

I'm still hoping the half shredded picture of Dexter's mom plays some sort of role in the finale.

December 07 2009 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JoeBrooks's comment
bruce

I disagree, I like each season being wrapped up - I hate having to wait a year for a huge cliffhanger to be resolved. As long as I know the show is coming back for another season (and Dexter is), I like each season to have a nice conclusion. At least I've liked the way they've done it with Dexter thus far. Each season the "big problem" is resolved and Dexter learns something, grows as a person/killer, and we can look forward to another season starting off in an unknown way.

December 08 2009 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply