October 25, 2014

ABC cuts episode orders for V and FlashForward

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Dec 9th 2009 12:42PM

John Cho and Joseph Fiennes star in 'FlashForward.'While not entirely unexpected, it still comes as a bit of a surprise -- according to SciFi Wire, ABC has cut the episode order for FlashForward and V by one episode each.

Both shows shut down production for things to be re-tooled earlier this fall, yet any changes made weren't able to help either drama's poor ratings. ABC threw its support behind FlashForward amid early buzz and strong series premiere ratings with a 25 episode order. Ten have aired thus far and now only fourteen hours remain.

V, on the other hand, only aired four episodes of its initial thirteen ep order in November and now only eight eps are left. Both shows return to the schedule in March.

What does everyone think about this? Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. I've watched everything that's aired for each show thus far, but I won't be coming back in the spring. FlashForward has been nothing but flat and boring in its attempt to be the next Lost and as for V? Ignoring the fact that it's a remake, it still feels far too unoriginal. There's nothing new to mine there.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels this way though, given the ratings. Now that ABC has cut eps and essentially declared they don't have faith in either show, it's going to be tough to maintain current viewers or gain new ones.

Cyndi

I love Flash Forward. Still deciding on V. Everyone I know who watches Flash Forward likes it.

February 06 2010 at 7:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kathy steele

I loved Flash Forward and can't wait for the shows again in the spring. I watched all episodes and looked forward each week for the show!

January 15 2010 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kathy steele

I Loved Flash Forward and can't wait for it to come back on in the spring. I watched all the shows!

January 15 2010 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky P

Flash Forward is a great show! It was hard to wait for the new episode to air each Thursday. I was surprised and upset to hear it would not air again until March!

December 17 2009 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary

i don't know what's wrong with ABC, that they don't allow their dramas any time to really develop an audience. Last season, the same thing happened with Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies,and Dirty, Sexy Money. Three good dramas that were interrupted by the writers strike, and after that then ABC put them on hiatus and ended up burying the final shows in the summer -- long after the last episode was shown. The network had doomed these shows from the beginning, not promoting them anywhere near the way they did WIPEOUT (ugh) after they cancelled them, no more ABC.

December 13 2009 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tann14048

I fell in love with Flash Forward from the first episode and have been hooked. I think its a great show and the twists and plot have me on the edge of my seat quite often. I hope they keep it around I've never watched "V" so I have no opinion there. That lady on the trailer got annoying to me even before the first episode aired.

December 13 2009 at 8:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allison

I really enjoy both sci-fi shows. I am disappointed that I have to wait 4 freaking months to see them again. I also have to wait until April to see more Glee! What are ABC and FOX thinking???

December 12 2009 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Carson

Oh come on, ABC!

I was just about getting into FlashForward, too. You mean I have to wait three more months before what happens to Dimitri. Man, it's too painful to wait for all those months.

December 11 2009 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blah

i think flashforward is awesome i have not seen v so i wouldn't know if they take flashforward off i will stop watching ABC NBC has already lost me they have cut Trauma one of my other favorite shows i will leave this to i'll just start buying DVD's and watch my movies instead of cable and all that bull crap

December 10 2009 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vijay

FlashForward is like post-season-3-24: I can miss several episodes and not feel like I've lost anything. There's no sense of global dread - everything is a little too normal and the mysteries are treated too small. Plus, none of the characters is all that likable.

V had a rocky beginning, and I think much of the first four eps could have been done in a movie-style opening two-parter. Once again, the problem is an excess of normalcy. People generally ought to be a lot more (openly) suspicious of the Visitors, for both rational and irrational reasons.

December 10 2009 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply