July 26, 2014

Consider yourself warned: Small Wonder coming to DVD

by Danny Gallagher, posted Dec 10th 2009 8:01AM
Do you remember the day you first watched an entire episode of Small Wonder? Do you have friends who didn't get to experience the pain and hell you did on that day? Why should you be the only one who has to suffer? Now you can help burn a "day of pain" in their own brain.

The first full season of Small Wonder, the Troll 2 of 80's sitcoms, is coming to DVD this February. This television crapgasm is about an electronics expert father who tries to build a daughter for his family, but ends up creating the creepiest child star of all time. The clip below should explain the show for you, both the plot and the blindness it spread through televisions across America.

Bill

Unbelievable. NYPD Blue can't get it's 5th season released, but shows like Booker with Richard Grieco, My Two Dads and Small Wonder get release dates. Talk about the dumbing down of America!

December 14 2009 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Schwartzman

For those of us who liked the show (I was addicted to it as a child when it was on my local Fox affiliate KTTV channel 11 in L.A. in reruns until 1996), it is an absolute miracle. Our voices have been heard! You want Small Wonder on DVD? Well, as of 2/16/2010, you'll get Small Wonder on DVD! I can't wait! In the words of Bonnie Brindle (the mother of Harriet, the girl next door who had a crush on Jamie Lawson, Vicki's human brother, "No na na no no no!" I can barely contain myself! I'm so happy! I'm rejoicing! She's a smaaaaaaaaaall wonder...!

December 14 2009 at 4:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I don't think I ever did manage to get through an entire episode - in fact, I'm not sure I ever made it past the opening credits. Just wasn't my wedge of cheese.

December 11 2009 at 3:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich

I liked this show too, dickweed.

December 10 2009 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kai

Whoo-hoo!
I loved Small Wonder when I was a kid - bring on the DVD (and subsequent disappointment at re-watching a show that will certainly fail to live up to the memory of a 8 year old kid!)

December 10 2009 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Happy Steve

Waitaminute... the daughter was a ROBOT?!?! Wow, that answers a LOT of questions.

(no I'm not serious)

December 10 2009 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
G-Man

Another sign there is no justice in the world: Small Wonder is on DVD but L.A. Law is not.

December 10 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I liked Small Wonder.

December 10 2009 at 11:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

What?! That's great! That show was awesome, blasphemer! :)

December 10 2009 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brooke

Sorry about the double commenting. My computer froze, and I thought the first one didn't go through...

December 10 2009 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply