October 30, 2014

The Pee Wee Herman Show returning to the stage; is TV next?

by Danny Gallagher, posted Dec 10th 2009 7:00PM
The Pee Wee Herman ShowPee Wee Herman is returning to the national consciousness with the stage show that made him famous, but could "TV" be the word of the day?

The Pee Wee Herman Show is kicking off with a huge, sold-out stage show, a new version of the original stage show that served as a launching pad for the Saturday morning TV (AHHHHHH!) show, Pee Wee's Playhouse. The show starts a run on Jan. 17, 2010 at Los Angeles' Club Nokia. The producers had to move the show to a bigger club so they could accommodate the large number of ticket holders who stormed the box office when seats went on sale.

Given the buzz and heavy interest in this new stage show and the character's return from the depths of popular culture, could a TV (AHHHHHHH!) version -- either for kids or adults -- be far behind?

michael

I'll bet Pee Wee can HANDLE HIMSELF just fine ...

December 14 2009 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louise

my comments are mostly going to be in response to some of the other comments. You can tell who has PMA (Positive Mentel Attitude) and those who have NMA (Negative Mental Attitude). And you will most certainly tell which one I have.
I mostly agree with Stew in-part.
Yes Awake, Pee Wee is very creative. And Tom, are you being absurd, or are you saying Pee Wee has 'a Big Bang'?
Right on, Paul tell-it-like-is! And, who doesn't need a second chance?!
Margaret just sounds like 'an old fart'!
Yes, Tiggs there is more than 1 channel on TV, and thanks to someone's 'creative mind', we don't even have to get out of our seats to 'change the channel'.
Stew "said it like it is".
Now for own comment - one of our presidents 'got caught' while he was still in office, but look at all the good humaniterian work he is doing today.
What about the 'man-of-God' that maturbated while prostitutes 'undressed' in front of him.
If Tiger had not got caught, how long would he have continued his secret-lifestyle?!

WHO ARE WE, AS A 'FELLOW HUMANBEING' TO JUDGE ANY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE?
I am not your judge, and you are not my judge.
THERE IS ONLY ONE JUDGE!!!!!!

What did Jesus say? "Those without sin, cast the first stone."

All of this will probably not be printed, but if it is, I'm sure there will be a lot of responses.

I am 78 years-of-age, and I don't usually use my time to do something like this, but I feel better now that I've spoke-my-mind. We need to love more, and hate less. We need to practice PMA more, and stop being so negative and critical toward one another.

What Pee Wee did privately, had absolutely nothing to do with his life as an entertainer. HE MADE PEOPLE LAUGH!!

God bless you, Pee Wee! I wish you well, and may you have a long and blessed future. MAKE US LAUGH AGAIN!

December 14 2009 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
frgmcb

Good going Paul, glad to see you make a come back. Go PeeWee!

December 14 2009 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patty

My family loves PeeWee. you go peeWee :D

December 14 2009 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yvonne

I love you pee wee welcome back hope you make lots of money ps i would marry you in a heart beat the only man whom makes me laught hugs and good luck

December 14 2009 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Puck

I would like to see PeeWee do HBO dirt comedy and still be able to do kids shows. One other actor who has been able to do it is Eddie Murphy with his stand up and movies.

December 14 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Puck

PeeWee
Will someday get the recognition of a Charlie Chaplin!

December 14 2009 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lolabull

He's also making a sequel to a movie made in the early 70's called "Dont' Spill the Baby Batter". The new one's called "The Sperminator-Rise of the Puptents".

December 14 2009 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brew

Pee-Wee rules. I hope he gets a show on Saturday morn, like he used to.

December 14 2009 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lolabull

I heard he was making a new movie? It's called "Flogging the Dolphin". It's a WW2 submarine movie with a bunch of dirty seamen aboard.

December 14 2009 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply