September 3, 2014

Bill O'Reilly gets in snipefest with Law & Order

by Danny Gallagher, posted Dec 11th 2009 6:43PM
As part of his never-ending quest to make himself the news, the "Culture Warrior" has lobbed another fireball on the world of popular culture. This time it's Law & Order SVU creator Dick Wolf, because the show mentioned him.

This week's episode, titled "Anchor," featured a character who kills children birthed by illegal immigrants in America. His attorney, played by John Laroquette, fashions a defense that the TV and radio talking heads who rail against illegal immigrants are responsible for his actions. He even puts one on the stand, played by Bruce McGill, who seems to be channeling a Warner Bros. cartoon version of Lou Dobbs.

The attorney mentions O'Reilly by name, along with Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, as a "cancer spreading ignorance and hate." O'Reilly not only ripped Wolf a new one for working him into his show, but also brought in fellow pundit Laura Ingraham who frankly seemed more upset that she wasn't one of the name smeared in the episode like a jilted prom queen who only scores "Miss Congeniality". Well, darling, there's always Criminal Minds.

David Kitsis

You O'Reilly - Rush Limbaugh lovers spend too much time flogging your dummies. That is what addles your brains and causes your twisted thinking. Let go of your joints and your minds will clear up. Besides, what you are doing will make you go totally blind.

December 14 2009 at 12:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tfarnon

I only really started watching "Law and Order" and its spin-offs in 2008 as a way to take a break from my studies. I especially liked the recent SVU episode where Olivia was framed with synthetic DNA at a crime scene. I knew all about that development (read the abstract of the paper) and within a few clicks, knew how to "get around" the method suggested for detecting synthetic DNA (I used to do molecular biology for a living). I liked the episode "Anchor" because I like John Larouquette and because the plot twists at the end were fun. O'Reilly can just go right on whining.

December 13 2009 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
G

Nobody is forcing you to watch L&O you can always change the channel to a more realistic show like Ugly Betty, or watch Mr. O'Reilly spout his negative drivel. Whatever suits you petty mind

December 13 2009 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve

I am 100% agree with Bill O'Reilly. His comments on this irresponsible, inflamatory "blubbering" from 'Law and Oder" are correct and directly to the point.
By the way if not from FOX NEWS I'd never knew about this episode because absolutely nobody from my family, friends or any acquaintances are watching ABC, NBC, CBS or MSNBC B.S. That is why they raitings are in free fall!!!!!!!

December 13 2009 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Mr. O'Reily and the others might want to take Mr Wolf to court. I believe I could win a civil case against Mr. Wolf. Conducted the right way, they could eat up a great deal of Mr. Wolf reserves. Mr O'Reily and the others might as well spend some of their money dragging Mr. Wolf over the coals; because, If they don't, congress is going to get most of it anyway.

December 13 2009 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kimberley

Let's be real, here. No one takes the time to work people they hate into a television show, or wants to criticize them all the time unless they feel that person, persons, or entity has something that makes sense to say. LIbs will always feel threatened by ideas and people they do not want to or try to understand or agree with. That's why Sarah P is so friggin popular. I say, get a life, writers..or let the disdain for others ideas or opinions be shared equally as characters in any program or printed media.

December 13 2009 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dee

So does this mean that in O'Reilly's admittedly tiny mind, it IS all about him..OK, I'm glad we have that cleared up. And I bet that Ingraham is so so upset that she didn't even merit a name-check. Oh, to be ALMOST worthy of attention because of your hatred and narrow-mindedness.

Just a thought...

December 13 2009 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Who cares!!!

December 13 2009 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mh39

GO DICK WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 13 2009 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
working poor

was a big fan of law and order, no more, will never watch it again. dont these actors understand that half of americans are republican and conservatives. maybe these ignorant drama students should stick to acting and keep out of politics and keep their views to themselves. stupid, stupid, and stupid.

December 13 2009 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply