September 21, 2014

MTV cancels Alexa Chung's show

by Danny Gallagher, posted Dec 11th 2009 8:02PM
MTV's first and last foray into the daytime talk show market has come to an abrupt halt.

Alex Chung, the British model turn talk show host, has lost her daytime talk show It's On with Alexa Chung on MTV after just two seasons. The network announced that the show would not return following its final show on Dec. 17.

I never watched the show and judging from its style and substance, I don't seem to be the demographic for it so I'm wary of criticizing or critiquing exactly what MTV has lost here. For those of who have seen it, did MTV lose something special? It seems to me that this is just a result of the slow eradication of daytime talk shows from small players like the Chung-fest and power forwards like Oprah "The Refrigerator" Winfrey.

miranda

i saw every one of her shows and mtv did lose something special alexa was one of the funniest and down to earth people ive ever known of i thnk her shoe was amazing i watched it for both seasons so like A.R. im defending her!!!

January 02 2010 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A.R

i watched Its on with Alexa Chung everyday..she is amazing and i dont know why u ppl think so horrid about her. i enjoyed watching it..and by the way MCW if u followed her twitter..she tells u who the hells gonna be on okay so dnt talk smack! i'm defending Alexa because she is the funniest person i know so please dnt be so hurtful torward her!>:(

December 28 2009 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex2000

What a shame! I just discovered her, and have been watching all her clips on Youtube. She is a really talented interviewer - very natural and relaxed in front of the camera and with guests.

I hope someone else picks her up in the US. Don't go back to the UK Alexa..

December 13 2009 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

This is great to hear. I complained to her several times directly... she invites guests to her show, and then doesn't list them in her episode descriptions. So, when you DVR it, you never know what crappy person you're going to see that day. She has no idea what she's doing.

She could take a cue from a show I used to ignore: "Later... with Jools Holland". They know what they're doing.

December 12 2009 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to MCW's comment
Michelle

First of all, MCW, you don't like her cause she doesn't put the guest in her info for DVR?...now think about that for a second is that really her fault?...no. Second, Alexa just so happens to be the best thing that happened to MTV, all the other shows on MTV are all about the same thing, example...Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant...SAME THING, Teen Cribs & MTV Cribs...SAME THING, The City, The Hills, Jersey Shore,SAME THING! they are all pointless and stupid, Except for Alexa Chung. Third, If you really hate it that much simply STOP WATCHING...not that hard to do. Alexa has style, shes funny, she has the best guests on and i've been watching her on tv for about 3 years now on different shows. I think you judge a little to quickly, and theres no need to respond this comment cause i'll be busy watching It's On With Alexa Chung.

December 14 2009 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

Heh, good luck watching it now. It's such great music television - what a great loss to the Music Television channel.

Personally, I like Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory.

December 14 2009 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dani

I saw it several times and I think part of the problem may have been the scheduling. It looked like a show that would appeal to my 16-year-old, but most kids that age are in school at noon when the show airs.

December 12 2009 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sir Yuck-Yuck

wait there is a person named Alexa Chung ? and she had a show ? never heard of her and never seen it so not surprised it was cancelled LOL

December 12 2009 at 7:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ronnie

That show seriously sucked anyhow!

December 11 2009 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply