April 18, 2014

24 season eight: Press Kits Unwrapped

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Dec 16th 2009 7:03PM

Kiefer Sutherland stars as Jack Bauer on Fox's '24.'
With just a little over a month before the season eight premiere of 24 (it returns for a two night/four hour event on Janurary 17th and 18th), Christmas came early here at TV Squad this week when we received the new 24 press kit.

The above promotional image for the new season is enough to get us excited -- Jack Bauer jumping on top of an NYC cab and aiming a gun at the passenger seat is pretty damn exciting -- but just like the cast photo for the new season, it could contain some secrets as well. Thinks there's any weight to the word "PLOT" on the folded New York Post? I'm guessing there is, but the press kit didn't offer any answers.

First things first -- "New York Gets Jacked" is pretty much the best tagline 24 has ever had.

24: New York Gets Jacked!

24 Season 8 DVD

No surprises there -- more Jack running on top of a cab, pointing his gun at anything that moves.

But on the inside... a DVD with the first four episodes of the new season. Now Jack appears to be pointing his gun... directly at me. I'm starting to feel a little uneasy about this.

After the DVD, while not quite as cool as last year's Jack Bauer action figure, is still something that, according to 24 EP and Showrunner Howard Gordon in the enclosed letter, will help me should I experience my own "Jack Bauer moment."

Well, what does that mean? A gun? A messenger bag? A bullet-proof vest? Two fists?

Ahh... a portable cell-phone charger. Again, though, with the gun and the pointing at my facial region.

24: Cell Phone Charger package

Pretty nifty little device actually. I've owned one of these before but it was solar powered. Now, I can hide in a sewerage tunnel with full battery on my BlackBerry while dodging sunlight and terrorists.

24: Cell Phone Charger contents

butchbus00

heres another prime example of justice in this country he should be in jail and hes making millions if 24 were the only show on tv i would not watch it
loser show alays the same line i watched maybe 3 shows and it was so very boring

December 29 2009 at 6:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

man i wish I could get one. 24 should run a tweitter contest or something to give one away!!

December 16 2009 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fritzkreig

how were the episodes? did they keep up the awesomness of season 7? all the even numbered seasons have been worse than the odd numbered seasons imho.

December 16 2009 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie

Wow! Now why can't I have that kit...oh yeah.....I guess I am not a member of the press. Dang it!

Looks awesome and I am loving that poster of Jack! I would like one of those!! :)

I do believe Kiefer's PSA did say they were finding ways to cut down on equipment or some such to help reduce emissions and use less energy so I do think Kiefer and Al Gore have a lot to talk about! Go Kiefer! :)

December 16 2009 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aussssie

Nice marketing from Fox, jealous at the same time.

I hope a few of those somehow end up on eBay...

December 16 2009 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake Levine

The newspaper clearly indicates that there will be a plot of some sort this season!

December 16 2009 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoeBrooks

First, how did the postal service feel about delivering those to the press? Secondly, obviously the clue on the cover and that image above it, Jack is fighting global warming.

Those aren't clouds, they are Al Gore WAVES!

December 16 2009 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply