July 22, 2014

Sneak Peek: Lawman is now called Justified

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 16th 2009 4:30PM
A while back we posted a clip from Timothy Olyphant's new FX drama Lawman. Well, the network has changed the show's name to Justified. No idea why. They've also released this trailer for the show, which starts in March. I already love it.

marta

I will watch anything Timothy Olyphant does. He is a fine actor who is not afraid of roles that test his ability. Nor is he concerned about any image bullshit.
Having said that - the first thing one notices is how handsome he is. The second thing is how well he acts without saying anything.
We will always miss Seth Bullock of Deadwood.

January 26 2010 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

Idk if im going to be able to enjoy this series that much. I actually live in Harlan, Kentucky and I can already tell from the trailer that they have stereotyped alot of things about this place including our homes, looks and our accents. I mean sure, we have a bit of a hick southern accent but it isn't as bad as they make it out to be. Would have been nice if they had actually taken a trip here before making the series.

Also, Daune Calovini, I can assure you that the number of people here who have guns isnt that different from many other places in the U.S. Its just another stereotype they included >.>

January 15 2010 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
izikavazo

I wasn't a huge fan of the original name, but Justified is way worse. I will have a hard time trying to get people to watch that.

December 17 2009 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kel

Ah, that's just too cruel to even suggest.

December 16 2009 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LoganT

Walton MotherFuc*in Goggins!

December 16 2009 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Another great character from the mind of the novelist Elmore Leonard. I liked the TV series Karen Sisco, I hope this series has a better chance!

December 16 2009 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to David's comment
CParis

Yup! That was a good show!

December 16 2009 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daune Calovini

Two takeaways from this video.

1. I miss Seth Bullock.

2. There are way too many people in Kentucky packing heat. What's with all the guns, friends?

Never a question as to whether I'd watch the show, no matter what they call it. They had me at Olyphant.

December 16 2009 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Daune Calovini's comment
hubris

A-fricking-men. Modern day Deadwood? Sign me the hell up.

December 16 2009 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wombat32

they probably changed it to avoid confusion with the new Steven Seagall trainwreck, Steven Seagall: Lawman, playing I think on A&E. It turns out he has been a deputy sheriff in New Orleans for years, and they have made a "Cops" style show about it.

December 16 2009 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex

I think maybe to prevent confusion between this and the Steven Seagal: Lawman? I saw that show advertised and thought Olyphant was going to be on that show.

December 16 2009 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

They probably changed the show's name because of Steven Segal's "Lawman" tv show...

December 16 2009 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Justin's comment
Dan

You'd think a TV writer might have figured that out...
Just shows the lack of preparation, research and original thought that some of these TV Squad "writers" bring to the table.

December 16 2009 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hubris

Heh, right, cause "Lawman" is such a unique title. If two shows use that name they must be incredibly similar. Good call.

December 16 2009 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply