August 27, 2014

Get ready for more Guy Fieri

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 17th 2009 3:25PM
Guy FieriGuy Fieri is one of those Food Network hosts that a lot of people dislike. I think it's the wild hair or the shorts he wears or the constant use of words like "awesome" and "dude," but he seems to be one of these people that Food Network fans either love or hate.

I don't dislike Fieri. I don't really get the hair and the clothes, but he seems cool and I really love two of the (many) shows he hosts, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and Ultimate Recipe Showdown (when is that coming back, by the way?).

Now he's about to host another show, and it's not a food show and it's not even on Food Network. Fieri will host Perfect 10, a new game show on NBC.

Here's the description of the show from NBC:

Fieri will serve as master of ceremonies and will be the competitors biggest cheerleader. In each episode, Fieri will lead competitors through a series of simple, yet nerve wracking games that can reward them a $1 million prize. Over eight one-hour episodes, competitors will face 10 challenges that escalate in level of difficulty. Created using everyday household items, each game has a 60-second time limit and failure to finish the task on time will eliminate the contestant. One slip of the hand and you're out.

Is it just me or does that summary really tell you nothing about the show? It premieres in early to mid-2010.

(If that isn't enough, he's also in the next issue of Playboy.)

k_rae

Guy Fieri is an idiot. He bleaches and spikes his hair to look "cool". Yeah, that was cool back in '98. He tries way, way too hard. No wonder middle America and the South love him.
That said, I like D.D.andD. Even he can't screw it up.

December 20 2009 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

We are huge fans of Triple D. He looks like he's having a blast, really enjoys the food and people and those that can't relate are snobs.

December 19 2009 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hattie Crabtree

I think it still rankles Tony Bourdain that the F N dumped him.He at least has a show on the Travel Channel.I wonder if his restuarant in LA closed coz I had read his business got a bad score coz of bugs.He has 3 other restaurants,two in NYC on Park Ave.( Les Halles ).Guy did train in Paris for a year and Rachael Ray didn't but I love both R R and Guy.

December 19 2009 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynn g

I love him!!!!

December 19 2009 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dale

Oh Guy, say it isn't so.........................I never,and I mean never watch NBC............OH well, that's the way it goes. I will stick to Food Network only.

December 19 2009 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
red

guy don't go ruin your good name with a bunch of other losers on reality and game tv of this centry are doing, especially with a bankrupt and unpredictable network. stick to what we know and appreciate you for, food stuff and fun. don't make an ass idiot of your good name, please stay put

December 19 2009 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doll

Guy is one of may Favorites!! Our whole family loves him. We live on the east coast. I don't get why anyone doesn't like his style - that's just crazy. He is such a warm, funny & entertaining person. He brightens up the food network (along with Duff), in my opinion. Whenever his show is on, I can't turn it off.

December 19 2009 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margaret

Love Guy F! Super entertainer, lots of personality.
Bourdain? A colossal ego, with no entertainment value.
As for Guy's game show - do not 'do' them at all.
Hope he does not forget his culinary shows due to this change of venue into new market's.

December 19 2009 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suz-E-Q

I LOVE Guy. He is entetaing and funny and cute. I'll watch anything he is on. Way to go NBC for making a good choice in Guy!

December 19 2009 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john foote

He is cool and so it Bourdain. What's not cool is the food networks attitude.

December 19 2009 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply