October 25, 2014

The guy who writes my TV listings is the greatest TV listing writer ever

by Danny Gallagher, posted Dec 17th 2009 1:02PM
I know that the odds of this statement being repeated are about as good as finding the lost director's cut of The Magnificent Ambersons at my local Blockbuster (let alone an actual cut of The Magnificent Ambersons until it's remade with Ben Stiller and Jack Black), but here goes: I love my cable provider.

Oh, sure, they're a faceless media corporation that forwards all of my tech support calls to some far off land, finds any reason to raise my rates, and is as electrically reliable as a used Pontiac Sunfire. But the guy they hired to write their TV listings amuses me to no end. Check out this recent listing for a rerun of America's favorite old show (with an emphasis on "old"), Matlock, infused with a tasty bit of TV trivia. Who says TV is no longer the great educator?

Wes

I love the generic description for Aqua Teen Hunger Force... "Fast food items solve crimes." Really?

December 18 2009 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcus Gorman

They use the same contractors (hence, the same entries) and the same DVR format, smart guy.

December 17 2009 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Telechimp

i've seen that episode... the murderer was that evil Gavin MacCloud.

December 17 2009 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

Maaaaaaaaaaaatloooooooooooock!

December 17 2009 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ken Goyette

Deadspin noticed the same craziness with Sporting events. They took it as far to contact whoever writes these, and basically its just bored employees.

December 17 2009 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcus Gorman

I'm sure you've seen this, speaking of Comcast descriptions:

December 17 2009 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Marcus Gorman's comment
Danny Gallagher

Thanks for this, but that was actually taken from Time-Warner Cable.

December 17 2009 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply