October 23, 2014

Time Warner Cable may not carry Fox

by Brad Trechak, posted Dec 19th 2009 12:00PM
FoxWhile watching Dollhouse last night, I couldn't help but notice a bunch of commercials slamming Time Warner Cable. It turns out they're having difficulties at the negotiating table regarding rebroadcast fees for the free-to-air network. The last time the companies involved played this tune, it ended up being a bunch of hot air.

Seriously, at this stage of the game Fox is a pretty major channel. It would be somewhat prohibitive on both sides to not carry it. They'll likely reach some agreement between $.50 per subscriber (which is what Time Warner Cable wants) and $1 per subscriber (which is what Fox wants).

If negotiations do fall though and TWC stops providing the Fox Network, it's possible that more shows would simply go on the Fox website as streaming video so that people could see them anyway. If people could pick and choose their channels as I wished for Festivus, this wouldn't be a problem.

Anne

Jim, thanks for your response to Bruce. You saved me the trouble. If Fox News was the drivel some claim....why is it the highest rated news channel of them all. More Dems;Liberals; Indep.'s and such watch it than Conservative Republicans. They must be doing something RIGHT lol

December 21 2009 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Anne's comment
Rob

I have time warner cable and certainly wonder why so many shows are listed over and over...., but one thing I know for certain is that Fox News is not fair and balanced.

Want Proof? i.e. read what Jim, Douglas Nix and Anne posted and ask yourself why they think liberal is some sort of dirty word and why liberal guests are always shorter than the Fox host? Anyone doubting doublespeak editorial control should watch Fox and see how it is done.

December 28 2009 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

As long as Fox cancels all its good shows (Dollhouse NOT being one of them) I really don't care. I guess I like American Dad, but I can download that 22 minutes of television per week if I absolutely have to.

I wish they'd all stop carrying Fox News. Force the southern idiot redneck racist moron demographic to get their misinformation from somewhere else... somewhere less convenient than one cable channel. If they want to stay misinformed and have their misinformed opinions reinforced, they should have to work for it. Faux News is a travesty.

December 19 2009 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to bruce's comment
Jim

Gee, it took 7 posts to get to the Fox News bash. You guys are slipping. You liberals sure get bent out of shape over one supposedly inconsequential news station. Could you give us some specifics of what you don't like about it other than the third grade level insult attacks. Is it because they have liberal guests on the shows and have actual debates about the issues, as opposed to PMSNBC, where Olberdouche whould run screaming from the room like a 12 year old girl if he had to have an honest debate. What is it about Fox you don't like other than the fact it has higher ratings than all of the liberal cable networks combined?

December 20 2009 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Douglas Nix

Bruce, I don't know what happened in your life, to cause you so much pain, but, I promise you, my wife and I will pray for you every day. I can't imagine how much it hurts you to have to live with all of that hate and bigotry inside. Our Lord Jesus, can take all of your pain away, if you let Him. Stay safe, my brother. Help is on the way ! D. Daniel

December 21 2009 at 3:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
the dude

hmmmmmmmmm................ wait until NFL and NASCAR aren't on time warner cable........ the packer fans got NFL network on time warner in wi because of football after it was said it would not happen...... things happen when you can't get what you want to pay for. there is directTV, dish, and at&t to provide what time warner can't or won't.

December 19 2009 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Man

Time Warner does this every 2 years, last time it was the Yankee Network and MSG, a few years back it was ABC/Disney.

Here in NYC cablevision may be a pain but they never have and big interruptions, although the lack of BBC America is annoying.

December 19 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rufus

No, that's because your DVR was trying to save you the trouble of watching that drivel.

December 19 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Rufus's comment
ricky19

STFU dollhouse is an awesome show that shouldn't of got cancelled.

December 19 2009 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deezul

Joss Weadon is not a god. Dollhouse sucked, Fox canceled the wrong show on Friday night. Get over it.

December 19 2009 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam

hmm., maybe this explains why my Time Warner DVR only recorded the first 23 minutes of dollhouse last night, but recorded everything else just fine?

December 19 2009 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply