August 23, 2014

The weirdest thing you'll see all day: Eva Longoria and Tony Parker do Grease

by Kona Gallagher, posted Dec 29th 2009 6:03PM
eva longoriaI ran across this video while perusing Gawker, and I honestly have no idea what it is. Well, that's not true: I know what it is, it's a shot-by-shot remake of the songs "Summer Lovin'" from Grease, starring Desperate Housewives' Eva Longoria-Parker and her husband, NBA player, Tony Parker. What I don't have an answer for, is why.

Other than Tony talking in the beginning, the video is completely lip-synced, so neither one is trying to show off their vocal talents. Her wig looks like she scalped a parcel of barbies, and his looks like he's trying to honor a beloved, yet dead family pet by gently nestling it on his cranium for the rest of eternity, so "looking good" can't be much of a motive either.

The title of the video is "Christmas time with Eva Longoria and Tony Parker," so is this some bizarre Hollywood version of those overly-long Christmas letters your aunt Mae sends out every year? Like, "Hi, everyone! 2009 has been a busy year for Tony and me. He's been doing great with the Spurs, and those bitches ladies at Desperate Housewives are keeping me on my toes as always! But as you know, we like to unwind and get a little crazy. So this Christmas, we decided to do a shockingly elaborate, shot-by-shot remake of my favorite musical, you know, in our free time. Enjoy!"

Seriously, watch the video, and then will someone please do me a solid and explain it to me? Thanks.

diane

it was fun all couple should enjoying doing somethimething silly it's great to see a famous couple doing things that others wish the had the guts to do with out fear that people will make fun of them do whatever it takes to keep the laughter and love going

January 03 2010 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo

Lighten up, people--they were having fun! I think it's great! His wig is a little funky, but I think they did a pretty good lip-synching job.

January 02 2010 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I Loved It!!!

January 02 2010 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

If you have to have this explained...well, I feel for you. I was smiling through the whole video. Adorable! Just as cute as can be! Kate

January 02 2010 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kayann

Who the heck cares WHY they did it? I thought it was great - - I love to watch people who like to have fun! I especially like the mascot falling down.... that was a hoot!

January 02 2010 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alize83222

Go ahead with your bad selfs..........total awesomeness and fun times. You other weiners who are hating on it need to lighten up and watch a musical or two!

January 02 2010 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marina

omg! that's funny! She's so cute! Tony looked rediculous. I got to forward this to all my Corpus Christi friends!!

January 02 2010 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BK

This video is NOT 3 years old - it's a contest sponsored by Parker/Longoria to go to San Antonio to the Spurs games.

January 02 2010 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dugandob

I thought it was funny too. Like many said it doesn't have to mean a thing it's just fun. Don't you guys remember having fun? Just plan FUN!!! If you don't remember ever having fun I feel sorry for you.

January 02 2010 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lzkat1

Their strange RPG fantasy???

January 02 2010 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply