October 22, 2014

Greg Grunberg created an iPhone app

by Brad Trechak, posted Dec 31st 2009 8:07AM
Greg GrunbergRemember Greg Grunberg? He plays telepathic cop Matt Parkman on Heroes and has appeared in a variety of J.J. Abrams programming. He was even the pilot of Oceanic 815 which crashed on the series pilot of Lost (I wonder why he didn't make it to the Star Trek movie?). Well, on top of the rest of his resumè you can add application developer. He created an iPhone and iPod Touch application to obtain mobile coupons called Yowza!!!

As someone who also holds more than one job, I can certainly respect anybody who can successfully do so, particularly if that person is a working actor who probably doesn't need the extra money (or does he?). Looking over the app, it's pretty well done. I can say this with some authority since I'm an application developer as well. There are at least two coupons that could easily come in handy in my day-to-day dealings. Since it's a freebie, if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, the download is recommended.

jack

Greg Grunberg will be on CNBC documentary about apps - called PLANET OF THE APPS - thursday 1/7 at 10p eastern - he's pretty funny

January 06 2010 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelly

He's got an "app"? I hope he knows where he can stick it.

January 01 2010 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shane

The Internets has a notoriously low tolerance for old news. With the advent of Twitter/Facebook, we're getting to the point where cries of "Old new is OLD!" are measured in hours, not days.

Anyways, I like the guy, but I've yet to have the app be useful in a place I'd actually shop.

December 31 2009 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
punksrus

Well, all I can say is it's a good thing he has something to fall back on - he is a terrible actor and one of the many reasons I stopped watching Heros.

December 31 2009 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

Seeing as I'm not a "Twit" (and I mean that in every sense of the word for those of you who are) I didn't know about Greg's "other job/skills" either. I found it interesting to find out along with the Star Trek trivia in some of the posts. So thanks.

December 31 2009 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Butters

I had actually not heard of this so 'Thank You' Brad.

The idiots that post "this is not news" obviously have no life otherwise why wouldn't they just ignore the article and go on to something else.

December 31 2009 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Capsgirl44

Wow, tough crowd! People who don't follow Grunberg on Twitter might not know about Yowza!, so I feel the article was worthwhile.

December 31 2009 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad Trechak

I only learned of the app recently and it was news to me. I didn't think it was as widely known as it evidently is. I was writing more as an analysis of an actor choosing a secondary career. Like Danica McKellar writing a mathematics book.

December 31 2009 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brad Trechak's comment
C.A.

Geez, people act like you spit on their mom or something! I didn't know anything about this and enjoyed it.

December 31 2009 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

LOL! He created Yowza! over a year ago! This isn't exactly new news. I had to stop following him on Twitter because every other tweet was about Yowza!

December 31 2009 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snarfscarf

This article would have been better if you actually mentioned what the app is rather than just saying he made one.

December 31 2009 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply