July 24, 2014

Doctor Who new season trailer

by Brad Trechak, posted Jan 2nd 2010 2:07PM
Doctor WhoFor those who live in England and watched the final moments of David Tennant's run as the Doctor, they were also treated to a trailer for the new season of Doctor Who starring Matt Smith. Thankfully, the miracle of the Internet brings such knowledge world-wide in a matter of moments after its completion.

More after the jump ...

Certain familiar faces are back, such as the Daleks and the Weeping Angels (both of whom were known to be returning before the trailer was made). We also have the Doctor firing a gun and knocking a person out, something he rarely does and usually only under extreme circumstances. Apparently "Geronimo" has become Matt Smith's catchphrase. It could have been worse.

It looks like there will be vampires as well. Considering the popularity of the genre, it makes sense that Steven Moffat would include a story. I wonder how Davies missed it? Given that he already had done a werewolf story, it could have been considered redundant.

Here's the trailer. Thoughts? Did I miss anything?

Jeff

found it..the title is called Destiny of mankind (choir) it is written by Two step from Hell. i downloaded it last night

March 14 2010 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Does anyone know the name of the orchestra song in the Dr.who 2010 trailer with matt smith?

January 06 2010 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jeff's comment
dvh

Jeff:

This should answer your question about the music ;)

Personally I CANNOT WAIT for Matt Smith - he will be the most Doctor-like character yet!

The tweed/bow-tie combo is perfect.

Bring on Easter :P

February 26 2010 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sourbob

For me, the big news was the return of Alex Kingston as River Song, who Moffat had hinted in her previous appearances was the Doctor's wife.

January 03 2010 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ia

At 0.21, I'm pretty sure that's the Doctor redesigning the inside of the TARDIS.

It's been known for awhile that the TARDIS will have a new interior for this season.

January 03 2010 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebecca

Thank you TV Squad! We only get a fraction of the press about Doctor Who here in the US and we fans don't get to see the videos on the BBC website even after episodes air on BBC-America. I'm grateful to you for your coverage of this terrific show - and for giving us a chance to see this video.

January 02 2010 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Douglas Greene

why was he using a gun? I thought the Doctor never used guns? to barbaric for him or some such...

January 02 2010 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LizzieC

I really wish you'd stop referring to it as "England" - it's not just England, but Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - Britain or the UK please.

January 02 2010 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to LizzieC's comment
MacLean

As a proud non-England Brit, I'll second that.

January 02 2010 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MacLean

I'm expecting a rather bumbling/mad-professor/calculated Pat Troughton-esque performance from him. REALLY looking forward to this after the slightly overly self-indulgent end to the RTD years.

Also... River Song :O

January 02 2010 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Signs

hi all - just joining this site. anyway, I have to admit that I'm a little less leary about the new doctor since seeing this. but his new companion i'm more leary about now, but i guess we'll see.

my wife and i are really going to miss david tennant though. i hope his new show goes over well with NBC so maybe we can see him in another role.

January 02 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
beergas

hmm. At first the bow tie was a turn off. Then I remembered I've never really taken to any of the new docs on first viewing. But in trailer as it went on and got to see more of the guy's features it seems yes he's got it the way the others did.
Plus the overall style seemed to pop a bit more in action side.
That only goes so far of course yet will be fun to see them develop this new guy. Thanks for the trailer.

January 02 2010 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply