September 30, 2014

Heroes returns tonight. Do you care?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 4th 2010 1:29PM
HeroesYes, the whole "Heroes isn't good anymore" thing has been debated ad nauseam, but I'm still curious to see how many of you fans are sticking with the show, which returns to NBC tonight at 8 with a two-hour episode. I've been watching the show since the beginning and, yup, I'm in it until it's over. Does it have that new car smell of the first season? No, but I still find it (mostly) fun.

Will you watch it tonight?

Are you still going to watch Heroes?
Yes. I remain a loyal fan!863 (41.9%)
I check in once in a while but it's not that good now.277 (13.4%)
No. The show hasn't been good since season one.780 (37.8%)
I've never seen it, but I love Triscuits!141 (6.8%)

George

I watched it for the first time last week and thought it was very boring and won't watch it again.

January 07 2010 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gretchen May

Actually, to correct my vote, I have watched Heros a couple of times but just never really could get into it. And I HATE Triscits - you shoulld have asked if I love Wheat Thins or Cheezits!

January 07 2010 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark I.

Very, very disappointed with HEROES this season, especially since I've been watching weekly since season 1. The characters behave nonsensically when they're not disappearing for weeks on end. Mourning Nathan was way overdone, and this cello playing woman is still baffling. Suddenly she's a tool of Samuel, who's pathetic. For all we know, he's got Molly advising him where to find people. Hiro is truly ridiculous, and I suppose Mohinder will contrive some unbelievable formula to fix him...yet again. And then there's Sylar...who exemplifies this season - no path, no plot, no plan.

January 06 2010 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
g

I found your blog post while watching tonight's episode of Heroes. I was so bored within the first 15 min, that I googled "Heroes ratings" (not a good sign), and found the title amusing and apropos. I had momentarily been pleased to see there was a new episode of anything on my tivo following the long holiday hiatus, then I remembered... oh yeah, I don't care abut heroes! So I wanted to vote in your poll but none of the options really applied to me so consider me a write in:
I still watch, and most likely will continue to watch, but not because I'm a "loyal fan." I am just a glutton for tv punishment. I watched Alias til the bitter end, and I've been downright pissed off with Lost since early in season 2 but I will continue to shout obscenities at the screen until the final finale mercifully airs this year. In the last several years I have pretty much only managed to bail out of two shows that I can think of "CSI: Miami" which became more like a day-glo version of a daytime soap opera; and "24" because I was pretty sure that ticking clock and/or Kiefer's bad acting was going to give me an aneurysm. So I will bitterly continue to watch Heroes, or at least listen to it while posting comments on blogs and not even bothering to read Hiro's subtitles because I certainly don't care enough to read, until the day they bring it to some completely illogical, nonsensical, wholly unsatisfying end, and wonder how did a show that started out so good, went so horribly wrong. Or maybe... next season CBS will air CSI:Butte or something in the same time slot, and I'll have an excuse to move on. In the meantime NBC will continue to cancel well-written shows like "Life" and "Journeyman" for no good reason (Jay Leno), but I digress... grrr, are we really spending this much time on a girl who sees colorful sounds?! Seriously?

January 04 2010 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to g's comment
Pride entertainment Online

I will stick with Heroes for a little while longer. Although Samuel's character confuses me, I think he is a nice addition to the cast of characters. Although my question about him is this: Is Samuel a man with good intentions, albeit misguided in his follow-through? or Is he a true villian gathering people with powers to retaliate against those who might persecute them? As to Sylar, I think Sylar is a flawed hero that is also misguided and confused as to his purpose in life. (He's just trying to find his place in the world)

I am happy that Chuck will continue, although in a new time slot, as I've been routing for him all along. Chuck has been a nice attempt to recreate the popularity of the Spy-Fi genre that was popular during the 60's, 70's and 80's (Burke's Law, Honey West, The Avengers, Charlie's Angels, The Bionic Woman, Six-Million Dollar Man, Knight Rider, Et al),

Hopefully both Heroes and Chuck might see a resurgence in popularity in their new time slots. Good for NBC!

However, I am PISSED OFF at ABC, which cancelled a well written suspenseful character-driven show like "Eastwick" instead of giving it a shot on a new night like a dead-television night (such as Saturdays) where it could do better and the ratings dont matter as much. ABC seems to now stand for "Already Been Cancelled" when it comes to prime-time program as they rarely give a show a chance to find an audience. Are "V" and "Flash Forward" next to be cancelled?

January 06 2010 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leslie

The show lost its appeal after the first season,imo. Watching a new episode of Antique Road Show on PBS was much more interesting especially watching a woman's face when she found out four jade pieces were worth almost one million dollars-sweet!

January 04 2010 at 10:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
H

I watched it in previous seasons once and a while because it was on after Chuck. (I find it ironic that Heroes was supposed to increase popularity for Chuck. It's been the opposite with me.)

Now that Fringe is on FOX during the same time-slot, I will not be watching it at all. Heroes is no competition for Fringe in my opinion!

January 04 2010 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to H's comment
Blue Sunflower

Fringe and Heroes will only be against each other on Jan. 11th. Fringe airs in its regular spot on Thursdays at 9pm.

January 04 2010 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chrissthomas

After all your betrayal, you are dead to me Heroes! Dead, you hear me, dead!

January 04 2010 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sir Yuck-Yuck

yes I will watch tonight,, if a series keeps me for its first season I stick with it until its last season

January 04 2010 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

I still can't overcome the fact that the entire last season builds towards stopping Sylar and the entire fan base is drooling over Peter vs. Sylar clash of the titans finale, but of course the morons who direct/write the show decided to literally close the doors on the season 3 battle, and instead show Claire looking through the door and let's face it Claire is the most god-awful character on the show. Worthless and annoying. She is single-handedly ruining the show with her pointless existence. They did the same thing in season 1. Peter vs. Sylar in Kirby Plaza and what do they do? They show them fist fight for 30 seconds. Unbelievable. I swear if they don't show the epic battle we've all been waiting for, then not only should the show be cancelled, but the creative team behind Heroes should never work again. They should be sent to prison.

January 04 2010 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Chris's comment
H

I agree in a less - emphatic sense. Peter was supposed to be Sylar's mirror, so their clash was going to be epic. At least in the first season Nathan's sort-of-surprise appearance made up in drama what the fight lacked, but I was disappointed as well.

I think the writers knew that expectations were too high, so instead of giving us a fight that would most likely fall short of said expectations, they decided to use a cheap trick so they wouldn't even have to try. It's not that I'm excusing them; if they truly respected the show, they would've dumped half the cast (including Claire), buffed up the special effects budget and given us the fight of the series. I would have tuned in for it - and I gave up on the show for the most part in the third season.

January 04 2010 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chas Winterbottom

I stopped watching after season 2. Are they still killing people off and then bringing them back two seconds later?

January 04 2010 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply