September 19, 2014

Jennifer Garner is no friend of Ina Garten's

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 4th 2010 5:04PM
Ina GartenSo Jennifer Garner contacted the people at The Barefoot Contessa, saying she was a big fan and she'd like to be on the show. And they turned her down!

Ina Garten says that she won't have the former Alias star on the show because she only has real friends on the show with her. I actually have to admire that. A lot of shows would jump at the chance to have any sort of TV or movie celebrity on, just to get some buzz or ratings or celebrity gravitas. It's refreshing that Garten sees the phoniness behind that and actually has people on the show that she knows. I guess Garner has to get to know her first and then they can make soup together.

But Garner is missing a big opportunity. I know one Food Network show that would probably love to have her on and that's Iron Chef America. They have celebrities for judges all the time, and I can picture her eating food and telling Bobby Flay that she can't really taste the onions in his tiramisu.

[via TV Tattle]

Philip

I've seen Ina Garten's show, and I tried to like it because cooking shows relax me... but she has the most obnoxious laugh ever, that why I could never bring myself to actually like her show. She LAUGHS at every single line, especially in the closing scenes where she hangs out and feeds her "real friends." The Barefoot Contessa is so full of phoney "sweetness" and warmth, in my opinion.

P.S. I used to be a huge fan of Jen Garner back in her Alias days, but now I only like her since she only does rom-coms these days (not my cup of tea). Good for her for having been "turned down" by Ina Garten. Garner has no business being on such a phoney show.

December 09 2011 at 3:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cray

I find it obnoxiously rude that Ina Garten just assumes Jennifer Gardner is only interested in being a guest on her show and nothing more.

Ina had a chance to make a new friend and quickly exposed her prejudice of celebrities. There are a lot people in Hollywood who aren't freaks or phonies. Jennifer Gardner doesn't strike me as one.

Ina Garten is one day going to regret this...because every show gets canceled, some quicker than others. If she turns down more celebrities, she's going find herself without a show a lot sooner.

Then she can cook all alone, because she will find out her so called friends will have little to do with her without her cooking show.

January 05 2010 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cray's comment
Lynette

Do you know anything about Ina Garten?

January 11 2010 at 12:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melanie51

Jennifer, welcome to the real world where most of us can't just snap our fingers and get everything we want.

January 05 2010 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott K

Jennifer isn't enough of a WASP to be included in that ridiculous show.

January 05 2010 at 6:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Scott K's comment
Aaron

well said!

January 05 2010 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Eh... Jennifer Garner could do way better than Ina Garten. The Barefoot Contessa is one of the worst "In the Kitchen" shows on Food Network, in my opinion.

She needs to jump over to Bravo, hit up Top Chef and pull a Natalie Portman.

January 04 2010 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Michael's comment
snarfscarf

Seriously. I've never seen anyone with less charisma than Ina Garten.

January 04 2010 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sarah

more reasons to love Ina Garten!

January 04 2010 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply