October 21, 2014

Or is THIS the weirdest moment in Wheel of Fortune history?

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 5th 2010 7:30PM
Mr. Sassone, I'll see your "Kelly Ripa" and raise you a "self-potato."

That's how one contestant responded to a toss-up puzzle. Then again, at least she pronounced "self-potato" correctly on her first try.

[via Buzzfeed]

craigmva

The best ever was, The Check is in the Meal"

January 26 2011 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Can't we all agree that the weirdest moment on Wheel of Fortune was when Randy Marsh was on?

Category: People who annoy you

N_GGERS

Naggers, of course.

January 06 2010 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KenMo

The weirdest part was when the guy said "Honey, get my iPhone so I can record Wheel of Fortune", then giggled like a little girl while it recorded.

January 06 2010 at 3:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to KenMo's comment
Robin

I really hate when people do that (laugh audibly on a youtube/etc video). I don't need to hear you laughing 3x louder than what I am trying to watch :)

January 06 2010 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori Bingham

The Funniest of all:

"The Thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" - So long ago but the contestants only need one letter and NO ONE got it!

January 06 2010 at 3:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ConstanceRenkel

I thought it was a hilarious moment for the show. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen on Wheel of Fortune. I guess it goes to show how popular Regis and Kelly are!

January 06 2010 at 3:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Imp

My favorite solve of all time was just a few weeks ago. The blanks were something like
_EA_ING THE W_ _
and the guy yells, with complete confidence: "WEARING THE WIG!"
Of course it was actually "LEADING THE WAY" but I could not stop laughing. He was just SO SURE it was "wearing the wig." I love Wheel of Fortune so much. It's America's Game!

January 06 2010 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Imp's comment
Robin

I didn't even notice the first time I read your post that it couldn't possibly be "Wearing the Wig" even if that made sense. :) Makes it even funnier.

January 06 2010 at 9:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darrel

One totally stupid contestant on Wheel is not news. Three at once is at least slightly remarkable.

January 05 2010 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply