October 22, 2014

America's Got Talent but it doesn't have David Hasselhoff anymore

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 7th 2010 8:00AM
America's Got Talent
This probably isn't as big as Paula Abdul leaving American Idol, but if you're a fan of America's Got Talent and/or David Hasselhoff, it might be important to you. David Hasselhoff is leaving the show!

Not sure if that sentence really needed an exclamation point or not, but I don't think there was any indication that Hasselhoff was going to leave his judge's chair. Hasselhoff tells People that he's proud that he was "part of making America's Got Talent the No. 1 rated show for the past four summers." The Hoff says he's going "follow his dream" of doing his own TV show. I thought that dream was fulfilled by doing Baywatch and Knight Rider, but maybe he means his own music/variety show or maybe his own reality show? (Let's hope not on the latter.)

So ... who should fill Hasselhoff's shoes? I guess Abdul's name is going to come up at some point.

PM

Replace him with KITT

January 08 2010 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sotiredofher

Now if Sharon Osborne will just leave it'll be even better! How can we believe her when she gushes over someone's talent after the scathing, disgusting comments she made about Susan Boyle on a shock radio station this past fall? During the season she was "genuinely" moved by Susan's success, but when faced with a question from some shock jocks she stepped right up and vulgarly trashed a woman who has more talent in her little finger than Sharon has had in her entire life.

January 08 2010 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcus

I thought he was an football quaterback or something to do with football.

January 08 2010 at 8:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matthew

I hate to see David go thru his drinking problem. I loved knight rider. Thats the reason I bought a trans am(LOVED that car). I hope he finds happiness. As for everyone hating paula.. Why?She did what? She was too bubbly or happy or high from meds she needs for back pain? I love Paula. I like hermusic. Im glad shes not a negative person like some of you!

January 08 2010 at 8:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DIANNAH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 08 2010 at 8:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trish

This show isn't even in the same league as far as finding talents with American Idol. Lets see - AI has Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, etc, etc. and America's Got Talent has jugglers, magicians and dummys.

January 08 2010 at 7:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D\'iano

I thought he died in a car crash, driving Kit. Can't say I,m sorry to see him go because i thought he was already gone.

January 08 2010 at 7:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allyn

Hey Dinah you must be an airhead just like Paula. As far ar the show goes there was more talent on that show overall than all the years of American Idol with few exceptions, (the winners). WE get a glimse of talent of every description on AGT. The last session was soo poorly produced though that I sincerely hope they go back to the original format.

January 08 2010 at 7:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tripp

He probably got fired and they let him say he quit. He is a nut-case and will be no loss to the show.

January 08 2010 at 7:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
craigmachome

The Hoff does not have talent. SIng? Yuck. It is all about him.........

January 08 2010 at 6:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply