October 2, 2014

Fans mobilize to save Better Off Ted

by Kona Gallagher, posted Jan 7th 2010 11:02AM
better off ted
Frankly, I was surprised that ABC gave Better Off Ted a second season at all. Don't get me wrong, I was pleasantly surprised, because I absolutely adore the show, but ABC didn't seem to have much confidence in it, and ratings weren't exactly out of this world. So, as a fan, I guess I should be thankful that I'm still seeing new episodes, but I'm still kind of annoyed that ABC seems to be burying this hilarious show.

Along with Zombie Scrubs, it was basically the only new show on the air over the holidays-- when nobody was home to watch. They're doubling up episodes and seem to be burning them off as quickly as possible. Fans have already seen the writing on the wall, and are beginning to mobilize to save Ted. Between the #saveted hashtag on Twitter, and the new site, SaveBetterOffTed.com, people are letting it be known that they do not want this show to go off the air.

SaveBetterOffTed.com is a brand-new site, so it's really looking for reader support to help get it off the ground. All campaigns have to start somewhere, so here's your opportunity to organize. They're looking for your favorite quotes, and other Ted-related fun. Fans managed to get us a third season of Chuck, so why not Ted?

If you know of any other efforts to save Better off Ted, feel free to leave the info in the comments!

Bryan

Jeff Turk and Mike F....you both can do all the worrying for us, and if all these comments upset you soo much, then how bout this great idea...DONT FUCKING READ THEM!! wow still amazed at how idotic some ppl are!! Anyway back to the main issue....does anyone know how far along the petition has gotten? numbers? This show has to stay on the air....ABC needs to cancel the Bachelor...STUPID ASS SHOW!! plus a whole other list....but anyways....If there are any lifetime fans out there....Rita Rocks another hilarious fam sitcom...was jus cancelled and some fans are mobilizing to try to save it, if any of you watched and liked what you saw then please do what you can to bring this show back.....both these shows have a wit and genius to them that no other shows do...so please save them.....

January 12 2010 at 4:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ADAgc

This is by far the funniest show on television. For some reason ABC is repeating what it did to Pushing Daisies with Better Off Ted. A lack of advertising and burning off episodes is sure to kill the ratings. Anyone who hasn't watched this show needs to go find it on hulu or abc.com right now. Smart and hilarious, plus Portia de Rossi doesn't hurt.

January 10 2010 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kitty

NBC is run by morons these day
None of them know what is going on ....anywhere.
I swear, they are on a suicide mission.

January 10 2010 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JustinOpinion

How about trying to get "Eastwick" back, or "Dirty Sexy Money"? Don't even bother. Networks (ABC, NBC and CBS) s**k. Give me Sc-Fi, TNT, FX (Sons of Anarch!!!), USA, BBCAmerica or ANYTHING over the "big 3".

January 10 2010 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jive Turkey

Do yourself a favor, take your television and throw it in the garbage.

January 10 2010 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
odie

Another one of my favorite shows will get axed to make room for more reality t.v..It's all about money as reality t.v. saves the network hundreds of millions of dollars a year. It doesn't matter what the viewer likes or wants, it's about $$$$$$$$$$. Stop watching reality shows and this pattern will stop!!!

January 10 2010 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B.O Stinks

These week minded people need a LIFE !

January 10 2010 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joey

BETTER OFF TED would be BETTER OFF DEAD.

January 10 2010 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
a guy

I can not remember the last time I watched a decent comedy on ABC. I am still mad at NBC, though, for cancelling "My Name Is Earl".
Here is a hint to all TV executives----start asking educated, middle-aged and older people who own their own homes what they like to watch. And don't just rely on the women. Get an equal sampling of both men and women. If you have to, pay these people for this information. Your ratings will go up, you'll be able to charge more for advertising, and you won't have to rely on shopping mall polling stations to get your results (I used to work at one). You have the people and the money, do the work yourselves.

January 10 2010 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david miller

They are cancelling it because no one watches it. That simple! And all the retarded women who actually are not sickened by now of the dance routine on the Degeneres show can't make the network cater to Ellen's lovelife Portia. But maybe Ellen could buy the network and keep the show on air, that'd work.

January 10 2010 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply