FCC complaints against Adam Lambert hit the web

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 7th 2010 9:33AM
Remember when American Idol competitor Adam Lambert's controversial performance at the American Music Awards landed him in water so hot that you could boil live lobsters in it? Me neither.

Apparently, a lot of viewers wish they were me because they bombarded the FCC with complaints and they have now found their way to a blog dedicated to them called "Why Not Glambert"?

The complaints obtained from a Freedom of Information Act request list the white-hot grievances in all of their non-spell-checked glory from the senior pastor who vowed to "lead my church in a boycot (sic) of ABC" to the parent who was "truely (sic) disguisted (sic)". I wonder if these same people who were so offended by Lambert's performance also don't own a dictionary because it too contains naughty and offensive words like "angina," "masticate" and "pianist."

[via TVTattle]

Wicked Glitter

If I can stop laughing for a minute I Will try to post a comment. Some of these folks are even going on YouTube and watching photoshopped videos made by fans, and get ready for it.....BELIEVING THAT THERE TRUE BWAHAHAHA!

January 10 2010 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jades

This is just stupid. Your tv has an on off switch. If you don't like what you are seeing, turn the thing off. Sex is not our enemy...Censorship is. If you kid was up at 11pm watching tv of any kind then I question your patenting skills. I am so tired of the ultra right bible thumpers trying to tell rule us all.

January 07 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jades's comment
Leroy

You are so right. Freedom of religion works both ways. My religion does not consider sex to be evil in any situation where there is no coercion. Therefore, people who follow other religions should not be able to prevent me from watching shows that reflect that point of view. There are too many in the US who feel that their particular religious beliefs should be the law for everyone. Unfortunately, that's a form of discrimination against the rest of us.

If Christian extremists don't like something, they should just turn it off. That's what I do every time I encounter one of their ignorant icons preaching hate.

January 08 2010 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denise

I love Adam Lambert!! This is old news for crying out loud! Get over it!. Adam, there is more support out here for you than not. Just some TOXIC people. You are Great!! Inside and out and what a talent!! Love, Love, me some ADAM LAMBERT!!!

January 07 2010 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chatty792

you are correct, Adams performance isn't the only one that was provocative. I love Janet, but she did grab one of her dancers private parts. And what about the half naked womaen? Oh! but that's never an issue huh????? And what about New Years Rockin eve??? J. lo had her stuff right in some guys face when she was on his shoulders. Nothing was said about that....Go figure. Is it cause he's gay? NO! It's because he's gay and a guy. something just not right there.

January 07 2010 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JLM

Pretty much sound like illiterate, back woods folks. They also seem so similar like perhaps it is one person. I think the religious right did a little complaint compaigne and used Adam Lambert as a lightening rod to further their conservative agenda. What BS. The whole AMA show should have offended them!!

January 07 2010 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JLM's comment
Leroy

Before you call others illiterate, you should learn to spell "lightning".

January 07 2010 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply