December 18, 2014

Heroes will be back next season (says Greg Grunberg)

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 7th 2010 2:34PM
Greg GrunbergThis isn't an official announcement at all, but Heroes star Greg Grunberg says that Heroes will be back next season (and he can read minds, so he should know).

Grunberg tells Michael Ausiello that the show just finished filming the season finale, and that even though the episode is "cliffhanger-y and exciting," it would not serve as a series finale for the show. There are too many plot points still up in the air. He's sure the show will be back.

While I wouldn't be surprised at all if a TV network cancelled a show before giving it a "proper" ending, I think Grunberg is probably right about this. The show does good enough, it's strong in time-shifted viewing, and the DVD sales are good. Like Grunberg, I think NBC will announce that next season is going to be the last, and that way the writers will know the show is ending and will be able to give it the ending that fans deserve.

Rebecca

Yenno What, I Personally hope that it goes on forever, im not a TV person but Heroes is Amazing. It brings the impossible to life and the special effects are outstanding. The storyline isnt as bad as people say. People just think Heroes is out of their comfort zone because they know it is impossible for it to actually happen. TV is about bringing things to life that you couldnt in the real world. Whats wrong with that???????

March 30 2010 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jason hamilton

I think they need at least one more season, they have been teasing us with what it would be like if everyone found out about the powers. I do agree that last season was the weakest one yet, but it did alot of covering basics so I feel everyone deserves an non stop action packed ending season to fullfill the true fans needs! If anyone that can make this happen reads this please make it happen becouse it would be the stations fault as much as the writers if it ends this way. I would hate to boycot the whole station do to lack of mang.

March 14 2010 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lizlove6455

I would be soooooooo bumbed if HEROES was canceled. I have never missed an episode. and although i agree with some comments saying that the show has had a few bad viewings.... well every show has its ups and downs and i really think that HEROES can go all the way. They just need to get more creative with the characters they already have rather than add 20 new characters every season. It just add more confusion to viewers. Like questions might never be answered with the old characters.

Either way I am HUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE fan of the show and i'm with it till the end!

March 13 2010 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

I thought the plan was that this current season of Heroes and next year's would be the last 2 seasons? I remember hearing that at the beginning of the fall season. Heroes is better than most stuff on TV, the worst season was Season 2 without a doubt but it has gotten better though not close to season 1.

January 08 2010 at 11:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leeann

why in the world would they cancel the show ,, there are going to be a lot of people broken hearted ,my son for one he sets his timer on his tv every monday so he dosent miss a minute,,, dont cancle the show

January 08 2010 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike

Sylar should kill everyone, steal all their powers, become a god and leave earth! Permanent ending!

January 08 2010 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mike's comment
Shantay

Gotta agree with mike.
Perfect ending, right there.

March 01 2010 at 2:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

I think Hereos will have another season I think it will be it's last just my opinion. I wouldn't mind if it went another 4 or 5 years as Hereos is still pretty good and has a lot of story to cover.

January 08 2010 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DON CATOZZA

well people ,all your comments about heroes are not v ery encouraging.I for one really enjoy the heroes saga, and i've been watching sci-fi probaly a lot longer than most of you little tykes. I hope heroes stays around for 5 or 6 more seasons because there are so many story lines that need to be told.Save your opinions after season4 and then make an educated statement about the series.

January 08 2010 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DON CATOZZA's comment
Dee

I agree with you, Don. I've probably been watching Sci-Fi as long as you have. There are alot of story lines that need to be explored more. Personally, I'm waiting for the end of season 4 to see what happens.

January 08 2010 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dkrisher0

Just make the show BETTER! Then it will have a reason to come back.

January 08 2010 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JPrelude420

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles was absolutely amazing tv show. The Terminator: SCC showed what happened before/after the movies and is absolutely unbelievable storyline, until the FOX Broadcast decided to cancelled it. My heart beats so fast each time I watch TSCC and wanting to watch more, but damn it, they shut my dream down. This absolutely better not happening to HEROES. Every kick ass tv shows got cancelled cuz of some people couldn't meet the air time. Well.... think about how many people have to work, family or house to take care and alot of more reasons that people couldn't get on tv. Maybe the TIVO recorded but didn't add the tolls of viewing the show. Who knows? I believe that the Americans has right to cut the shows off, not the broadcast. They complaining about losing the money. oh well the Americans lose money EVERY DAY and MORE THAN any of tv actors/actresses or the broadcasters. I have never seen any of book author wrotes the book and stopped half way of the work and sell in the public. This is absolutely never happened because no one had buy it. This is exactly same with tv shows.... that's ILLGEAL as the customers or tv viewers. DONT CUT/CANCELLED the KICK ASS TV SHOWS!!! You have disappointed thousand and million of people in WWW.

R.I.P Terminator: Sarah Connor Cronicles and rest of other shows.

January 08 2010 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply