December 22, 2014

NBC says Conan O'Brien is not going anywhere

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 7th 2010 8:22PM
Conan O'Brien Finally, there is some good news in the never-ending Jay Leno debacle and no, it's not that NBC has finally decided to put The Jay Leno Show out of its long-standing misery.

NBC just released a statement that whatever decision they make regarding Leno's show, they are sticking with Conan O'Brien.

Of course, that doesn't mean they won't make him move back to Late Night or out of The Tonight Show spot to make room for Leno. What do you think the NBC executives will do with Leno or O'Brien, other than pray to Pan, the goat god worshiped by all of the corporate elite?

Jim

AMEN, Goodbye Conan. I liked Leno at the earlier spot but I will still watch him at the late one.

February 12 2010 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sergio Magalhaes

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien is the best show ever!!! I will follow Conan where ever he may go...
I'm from Portugal, I only watch the show online, and I'm very upset with all this situation!

January 13 2010 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
englishfamilyus4

I am a Conan lover...have been ever since I saw the funny skits with Clinton back in the day! I feel that NBC is no longer worthy of his excellence! Perhaps he should have his own network! Jay Leno is just not funny to me; a bunch of one liner jokes with a perfunctory drumroll at the end with a huge, neon sign that cues the audience to laugh! Well, to each his own!

January 12 2010 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

This whole NBC late night thing is a giant duketastrophe.

January 09 2010 at 1:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
walksalone05

It would have helped if they had better writers for Conan and hadn't watered down his whole show, taking out stuff like skits in between guests and the masterbating bear.

January 08 2010 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erin

Conan's show is not as good as it was before he moved to the tonight show, but he's still funny and he would still be my first choice. I REFUSE to watch Jay Leno because I never could stand him and I dislike him even more after this 10pm upstaging the Tonight Show thing. GET HIM OFF THE AIR!

January 08 2010 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sherry

I'd be most thrilled to see Conan off the air. He is not funny and he knows it (he can't even laugh at his own jokes.) He tries unseccessful to make himself funny by making other people look bad. This is not comedy, its rude and boring.

January 08 2010 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sherry's comment
monkey_936@hotmail.com

Conan is hilarious. Just because Jay laughs louder than anyone else at his own jokes does not make him funny. He has an old audience and won't be along for a long time anyway. Conan is the future of late night and NBC is really screwing themselves over.

January 15 2010 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harbcard

How about using them all together, we haven't had a good comedy team since Abbot and Costello or Martin & Lewis. Perhaps use Leno, O'Brien and Fallon as a 21st century Ritz Brother's, Marx Bros. incarnation. Please just come up with something funny.

January 07 2010 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
miller980

You know I almost hope that they bag Leno and keep Conan - just to prove that Conan cannot carry the Tonight Show. Everyone slams Leno and blames him for Conan's lousy ratings. Guess what - Conan stinks at 11:30 and getting rid of Leno is not, by any stretch of the imagination, going to send Leno viewers to Conan.

January 07 2010 at 9:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RLP

WTF! GET LENO OUT OF THERE. They diluted the Tonight Show and screwed over Conan once they put Leno back on. What a big waste. Why should Conan lose the Tonight Show slot because NBC and Leno messed up.

These rumors about cutting the show in half would be pathetic and put the final nail in the coffin for NBC and their late night comedy.

January 07 2010 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply