April 19, 2014

CBS exec: Three Rivers is cancelled - TCA Report

by Joel Keller, posted Jan 9th 2010 12:51PM
Three RiversHowdy from Pasadena! I'm here covering the Winter TCA tour, and the first bit of news has already come up. During her executive session, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler was asked by the throng of reporters here if the Alex O'Loughlin medical drama Three Rivers was cancelled. Her response?

"You know what? Yes."

She went on to say that she didn't want to beat around the bush on it; the show just took longer to develop than they hoped. She was heartened by the stories she heard from transplant patients who appreciated the show's message, but that wasn't enough to save the show.

In the reporter scrum after her press conference, Tassler told me that she didn't anticipate as many angry letters from O'Loughlin fans as she got after she cancelled Moonlight, but judging from some of the notes we got here, I doubt that.

Linda Osbun

I can't believe you've let another wonderful show go off the air! It had a great story line, no one has touched upon transplants and the donors who offer life to someone else. Why does this show have to be cancelled when there are so many ridiculous reality shows on TV! Who cares about the lives of a bunch of dumb women from NJ or California, or the Great Race(that's the one that should be cancelled), or who the next top model should be or some of the ludicrious topics on various talk shows? All mindless drivil! Yet a show that enlightens us with information about medical conditions and how donors can touch the lives of many desperate families in need, gets shoved aside. Remember the movie "The Running Man?" I hope our society is not on it's way to a similar fate but with executive decisions like this, who knows? By the way, I'm a fan of Moonlight too!

February 15 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa jennings

This was one of the best new shows on television! What are you thinking CBS? Hope some other network will pick this excellent show up. The actors were great. I loved Alex, he is a great actor, I watched him on Moonlight also. Please bring this show back somebody!!!!
Lisa Jennings Fort Mill, S.C.

February 14 2010 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

I think they should leave Alex alone. They've cancelled two good shows that I watched every week. I really don't understand why Moonlight was cancelled. It broke my heart. I'll watch anything that Alex is in. I look for old movies that he has made and found a couple and they were good.

February 03 2010 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tonya

i knew something was wrong waiting for three rivers to come back on like others but just like them to pull it just like moonlight i dont care what alex is in ill watch but both shows were sadly missed .

February 01 2010 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Char

I am an organ donor. CBS had a great opportunity to showcase a marvelous actor and promote a wonderful cause. As usual, you've dropped the ball where Alex is concerned. I hope you find a series that deserves his talent and great looks and that you give him a decent time slot with great scripts. I'll watch him in whatever he's in, but you need to do right by him and his fans. You've disappointed enough.

January 22 2010 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay Gutierrez

Please put Three Rivers back on. Sunday night TV is not good and this was a special show that we looked forward to.

January 12 2010 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay Gutierrez

My husband and I are so disapointed. Three Rivers was an excellent show and it makes us sad that you have canceled it. Shame on you!

January 11 2010 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

Three Rivers is a great show. I love it and have watched every episode. Please bring it back!

January 11 2010 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shuff

I am SOOOO disappointed to hear this about Three Rivers. This show had such an excellent premise and the stories and acting were excellent and compelling. Again, CBS refuses to invest in a great show that could steadily gain momentum. I loved Moonlight too, and was equally disappointed at its cancellation. I hope Alex O goes to another network!!!!

January 10 2010 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to shuff's comment
Marilyn Miller

Three Rivers was a wonderful show with great story lines, great messages and superb acting. I am extremely disappointed that it has been cancelled. With all the crime, gore, vampires and murder on TV programs out there, the viewers need something else. This program was well done. PLEASE BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn

January 11 2010 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancee

i want three rivers back it was a good decent show compared to the other ones like bones lost they have fighting shooting awlful this show had meaning to it and it happen in real life brin it back

January 10 2010 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply