April 23, 2014

Chuck Lorre: Charlie Sheen is the "consummate pro" - TCA Report

by Joel Keller, posted Jan 9th 2010 1:40PM
Charlie SheenMore news bits from the Langham Huntington in Pasadena. Chuck Lorre and his two show runners, Lee Aronsohn of Two and a Half Men and Bill Prady of The Big Bang Theory were on stage discussing their shows. Inevitably -- though not right off the bat -- a question about Charlie Sheen came up.

Lorre starts by asking, "What happened with Charlie...?" before saying that Sheen reported for work as usual last week, after being arrested in Las Vegas Colorado on domestic violence charges over the holidays, and that they had one of their best tapings ever.

"Charlie's a consummate pro," said Lorre. "He shows up and delivers."

During the post-panel reporter scrum, Lorre seemed non-plussed by the events reporters' curiosity over Sheen's return to the set, often shrugging his shoulders as if to say, "why are you guys asking me about this?" Sheen showed up, they had a good week, and it's business as usual. That's it. I guess any chatter that was on the set that week will be kept private.

Laona

I love the show Two and a half men, Charlie,Jon,Angus they are all a pleasure to watch, i found that the show came on why i was cooking dinner, so i purchased all the dvd's season 1-5 and now i can watch the show when ever i like, instead of struggling between pots and pans. love the show, hope it continues for years to come..

January 13 2010 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Charile Sheen has made a career out of playing the same character on every series he's had. The acting may not even be that much of a strech since he is a skirt chasing, gambling, booze and drug soaked slacker in real life as well. His character's name even has to be Chalie in every show. What a great actor he is...

January 10 2010 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pingles

I think it's great that Charlie Sheen is the kind of consummate actor who can threaten to kill his wife one day and then be at work the next!

For those who are curious it is worth looking into Charlie Sheen's history. Did you know he shot Kelly Preston? Yes, I mean with a gun.

January 09 2010 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Pingles's comment
wulfn1

America spent almost a month basically canonizing a pedophile when he died. Why are you surprised that the public can forgive or look the other way when an actor has domestic issues?

Charlie Sheen is a good comedic actor. He is fun to watch and has a knack for accentuating the absurd while making it seem blase`.

January 09 2010 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel Keller

Thanks. It's been fixed.

January 09 2010 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Joel Keller's comment
malren

I know...I was nitpicking, but that one is one of my pet peeves, you know? Sorry. I'll try to control myself in the future. :)

As for the article? I sort of expected that Sheen would be that way. I mean, you hear about him in the tabloids and he's been a "bad boy" for years, but he keeps getting work and lots of it, and you rarely hear about him acting like a jerkstore on a set. Everyone who works with him seems to love him.

I guess he can control himself at work, but has to explode with Sheen-itis when he gets home. ;)

January 09 2010 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
malren

I hate to be pedantic but nonplussed means exactly the opposite of what you meant.

1. to render utterly perplexed; puzzle completely.
2. a state of utter perplexity.

January 09 2010 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to malren's comment
Joel Keller

I think I used it correctly. Lorre was puzzled we were asking him about Sheen. I meant it exactly as I wrote it.

January 09 2010 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel Keller

Actually, now I see what you mean. I'll fix it to make more sense. Thanks. Any reaction to the actual article?

January 09 2010 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JWB

Charlie was arrested in Colorado.

January 09 2010 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply