October 25, 2014

Could Vanessa Marcil really be coming back to General Hospital?

by Allison Waldman, posted Jan 10th 2010 4:07PM
vanessa_marcil_portraitOne of ongoing gags in the soap biz is the mythical return of Vanessa Marcil to General Hospital. I say it's mythical because for six years now, a certain magazine regular writes about Vanessa's return and it never actually happens. But now, there may be some truth to the rumor. ABC has contacted Vanessa Marcil about returning to General Hospital to reprise the character of Brenda Barrett. Maybe as soon as this spring.

For a change of pace, the news is coming directly from the show. GH headwriter Bob Guza has said that talks are underway with Vanessa. He has also always maintained that Brenda's one of his favorite characters and he'd love to have her back on the show.

A year ago, he was saying much the same thing, but a deal couldn't be struck and Vanessa did a small arc on Without A Trace instead.

If GH and ABC could manage to make this return happen now, it would find Brenda back at a time when Sonny is actually free and available. It would also bring her back in contact with Jax, much to Carly's displeasure. But it's really the Sonny-Brenda romance that would get fans psyched.

Maurice Benard and Vanessa always had hot chemistry, and both have aged very nicely in the past six years. I would love to see Sonny discover that Brenda's back in Port Charles.

Barb

I would not like Brenda to come back! It's like a tease they come back for just a short time and then they are gone! I was never that excited about Brenda anyway. If you want to bring anyone back bring back Laura:) She is the one I would care to see return.

February 28 2010 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

WTF!! Brenda and Jax had the best chemistry ever! Even better than Luke and Laura, so I don't know where the guy that wrote this article gets his info from, but he needs to check his facts. If they can manage to get Venessa back I would start watching GH again, because I stopped right after Brenda left. Ingo and Venessa had magic on camera and I would love to see that them back together again.

February 16 2010 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyllis

Yes, Bring Brenda back. I would love to see Carly squirm.
Carly, needs to realize what she has with Jaz. Let's see how fast she runs out on Jax when Brenda comes back into the picture.

February 15 2010 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donna

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Vanessa Marcil...
would love to see her come back to GH for any reason
she is my all time FAVORITE!!!!! soap actress her and Genie Frances.

February 12 2010 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie

wow a variety of emotions! Personally, I think this latest
Sony/Dominic plot is the best ever. Even my husband is
glued to the set. Yes, it is Godfather-like, but its a movie
quality plot attached to a soap....AWSOME. I hope Brenda would arrive as Sony is going through this turmoil.. (make it a Luke & Laura reunion of sorts). Yes,
I agree Laura would be great back with Luke...she wants to come back...get rid of all the smaller players if money is the issue. I think Jason and Sam are great together..seem to be on level playing fields. The Sony/Dominic plot is the most mind blowing yet...cant imagine how they are going to write the future of these two. AWSOME to me.

February 03 2010 at 5:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mshariann1

YES BRING HER BACK .HER AND SONNY BE LONG TOGETHER.THEY WAS A GREAT COUPLE.

January 23 2010 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bebe

Well I actually like Brenda and Jax better than Sonny. I do not like Jax and Carly together at all. But I don't know if she should come back. All the soaps are bad, bad, bad. I am going to give up on all of them and go to the gym instead.

January 22 2010 at 8:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cara

Bren&Jas were the best married couple ever!

January 18 2010 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KAMR

Maybe she should go back to GH---her career has completely TANKED since she left... Beautiful girl? --yes--talented actress? aaaaaa---NO!

January 12 2010 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARY

I hope Brenda never returns to GH. There is something about that woman that I can't stand, on TV and in real life. She was a trouble maker, tried every man on GH, and things are okay now, sort of. There needs to be a little fire but not with Brenda.

January 12 2010 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply