April 24, 2014

Drinking and driving? Pop a penny in your mouth!

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 11th 2010 1:35PM

MADD has a series of new Canadian commercials, and each one takes the form of a cheap, local talk show called Stayin' on the Road, where guests come on and give tips on how you can drink and drive and not get caught. Readers, please don't put dirty pennies in your mouth.

[via Adfreak]

bruce

"I think that anyone caught drunk driving should lose their license forever. In every state. Not sure if my law is doable or not, but I'm sticking with it."

Spoken like a typical idiot who has never had an encounter with a police officer, never seen a real criminal trial, and never known anyone who was arrested.

In Houston, the police arrest innocent people for DWI because they get paid double overtime to testify at the trials (guilty people plead out and they're not needed to testify). Many HPD officers, including the entire "DWI Task Force" make over $100,000 year in overtime pay, in addition to their regular salaries. And what about evidence? Breath tests, blood tests, videos? Naw, all it takes for a DWI conviction in ANY state is for a cop to say he thought, based on his training and experience, that you were intoxicated. Doesn't even have to be from alcohol, can be from sudafed.

But go ahead, keep your asinine opinion. Most people will nod their heads up and down in agreement with the words "child" and "children" blabbering out of their faces.

January 11 2010 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

"Kinda like fighting Cop'er with Copper" -- LOL

January 11 2010 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J-Sim

Bob:
Get over yourself. Studies have shown that text messaging impairs your ability to drive just as much. I'm sure applying make-up and some levels of sleep deprivation are just as bad yet you only want to ban people driving forever for DUIs. This at the same time that they are dropping the level required to be considered a DUI.
DUIs have become a politicized politically correct issue for various groups like MADD instead of an issue of impairment and the saving of lives. How about banning anyone from driving forever if they ever injure someone regardless of cause?
Some people make mistakes and have to pay a price. Too bad the same can't be same about the authors of articles on this site.

January 11 2010 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to J-Sim's comment
nick

"How about banning anyone from driving forever if they ever injure someone regardless of cause?"

Sounds good to me!

January 11 2010 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Scott:
Get over yourself. Bob never brought up texting while driving or any of the other possible driving impaired distractions. He just made a personal view about drinking while driving (which I personally support). You have no basis to criticize Bob on subjects he didn't even bring up. (And if you asked him, I'm sure he'd probably agree with you about those other driving evils)

Don't get me wrong,.. I agree wholeheartedly with most everything you said, but there's no need to crucify Bob for not mentioning the other evils of the road. He was just referring to the article that he was assigned to.

January 11 2010 at 10:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply