October 22, 2014

Glee renewed for a second season - TCA Report

by Joel Keller, posted Jan 11th 2010 11:58AM
Glee: Showmance
It's FOX day at the TCAs, and we've been greeted by a press release announcing that Glee, halfway through its first season, has been renewed for a second season.

"The show is a true and rare gem in television," said FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly in the release. "We couldn't be more proud of what Ryan Murphy and the Glee team have created so far, and can't wait to see what they come up with for season two."

Can't say this is much of a surprise, given the show's popularity as well as it's off-network marketing potential. Mall tours, concert tours, World Series appearances... all of this is shaping up to make the show the feel-good hit of the 2010s, doesn't it?

Marshy

I would rather have them "slow down time", as I call it (as in, making it so a TV show that lasts 8 years in real life only lasts a few in the TV show universe) then have them go to college or add new characters or cancel the show early. When a character leaves a show, it can be kind of annoying when the creators try to replace the old character with a new one who is just a wannabe of the old one. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

February 10 2010 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

Great news but I'm wondering what will happen too when these kids graduate. I feel iffy over adding new characters.

January 11 2010 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angelo

I thought Finn and Quinn were Juniors? As Quinn said "We're poised to be the most popular" (or something like that)

Rachel already has said she's a Sophomore.

Plus if this season ends at regionals, they still have nationals to work towards...in the same school year.

January 11 2010 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

I agree. Finn and Quinn and others are already seniors. What will happen next year? They all join the college glee club?

January 11 2010 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ricky19

AWESOME I LOVE GLEE!!! but i think they should probly end it after like 2 or 3 seasons cuz i hate shows that have the characters in school for 5+ years.

January 11 2010 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply