October 22, 2014

Will Arnett says Arrested Development movie is underway

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 12th 2010 9:30PM
The big screen revival of one of TV's most talked about shows is underway, even if it seems harder to put together than an IKEA "Jerker."

Now it's been officially confirmed by Will Arnett, Michael Bluth's unsuccessful magician brother Gob, that even though the project still doesn't have a script, the gears are turning and plans are underway to start shooting this year.

Is it just me or will you only believe that this movie is going to be made until its sitting on my DVD shelf in between my Daily Show Indecision '04 box set and my Criterion collection edition of Robocop? I've had heavily medicated girlfriends that are more on-again, off-again than this project.

Stormin\' Norman

All the haters come out....if you don't like it, fine. Just go back to watching whatever mindless garbage you're used to, where every joke has to be spoon-fed.

January 16 2010 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riley

It's only funny for intelligent watchers. Don't feel bad if you don't get it, you're not supposed to. This reaches towards the comedic future as In Living Color and SCTV did in their day.

January 16 2010 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
southrange

Get a life people. The show sucked and the movie will fail!

January 16 2010 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bill

lmayj your stupid

January 16 2010 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bill's comment
Shannon

You probably meant "you're".

I never really watched the show, but when I was able to catch it I remember liking it. When they make a movie, I'll be in line.

January 16 2010 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bill

the show sucked when it was on tv. why in hell would ya want to see a movie of it?

January 16 2010 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bill

the worst show ever

January 16 2010 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lmayj

I loved this show...I thought the cast was excellent.

January 16 2010 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
k

I love this dysfunctional family in this show. I watch the re-runs of this show on direct tv on 550 IFC. LOVE IT LOVE IT LUVVV IT

January 16 2010 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred Lowery

January 16 2010 at 7:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TATRODDER

WHAT THE HELL??? THIS SHOW IS ONE OF THE WORST PIECES OF S**T I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! LET IT DIE!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THERE IS THAT MANY PEOPLE GOING NUTS OVER THIS PILE OF CRAP!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

January 16 2010 at 6:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to TATRODDER's comment
slinky

It's not a piece of s**t just because you don't understand it. Perhaps it takes a certain level of intelligence to find it funny, because it's one of the funniest shows ever.

January 16 2010 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply