November 25, 2014

Men of a Certain Age renewed for a second season

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 14th 2010 2:55PM
Men of a Certain Age
There seems to be just an onslaught of TV news coming out these days, eh? Even if you don't count any of the Leno/Conan/Tonight Show stuff.

TNT has just announced that they have given a green light to a second season of Men of a Certain Age. The exact order is for 10 episodes, though I guess that could be increased at some point. The show has been getting good ratings (averaging 4.5 million viewers a week) and it's a genuinely good show. More serious than you thought it was going to be but also with some humor. Maybe it's because I'm in my mid-40s too but I find the show quite different than anything else on TV right now, and I'm happy to see a second season.

jomy mazz

I always DVR "Men of a Certain..." I just completed the last episode 2/28, and I want more! more! more! Will Terry really make the cut working for Owen? Will Owen make the cut as the boss? Will Joe stop gambling? What are their dreams made of? I love this show! So glad that there will be a second season!!!!

February 28 2010 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

Every now and then along comes a show that speaks to everyday people, their trials and tribulations, without glorification or trivialization. MoaCA is that show. My wife and I have enjoyed every episode and look foward to a new season. Excellent job TNT! The "other" networks can learn a thing or two from your taste in series and support of a good thing. Please don't make us wait too long for Season 2!

February 24 2010 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lee48

My husband and I love the show. We just laugh from the start to the end. Please bring on more, it's refreshing.

February 23 2010 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ann

I'm so glad its renewed. I am totally wrapped up in these characters. I watched the season finale tonight and felt bad that it's over for this season. I am female of a certain age, and can tell you even though I'm not the same gender, I can relate to these guys.

February 22 2010 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NightOwl

What I like about this show is that it treats the concerns and thoughts and needs of men as valid. Most any other show you watch, the mens viewpoint is always treated with little respect while any and all problems or viewpoints that women have, no matter how trivial or ridiculous, are treated as intrinsically valid and more important than anything having to do with the men. A little balance is nice, for a change.

January 24 2010 at 6:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancy mcgrew

This show is so refreshing; it is the way actual guys think not what women think they do! I look forward to this show every week. Great guys, great actors, just right for this show.

January 17 2010 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

LOVE this show. my wife and I make sure that we tape it every week. And yes, people do use bad words from time to time. and that is why it works so well on this show. And I'm 49 and it is just plan GOOD stuff.

January 17 2010 at 5:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Johnerson

Whats with all this spam on these boards?

January 17 2010 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eseiber

I am a 45 year old female and find this show fascinating. I know at least one guy like every character and just think the writing is so good and unique. It is on cable so I actually like the real language not that oh so squaky clean sitcom language. People talk like this. I am so glad to hear it is being renewed for another 10 episodes. If the regular networks didn't just write fluff they would be doing better.

January 17 2010 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenene

love the show. but the andre guy he is a little frightening a good actor but looks like a gorilla and one episode had him in his tighty whiteys not something anyone would want to see, no you could have picked almost any other black man at least someone we wouldnt mind looking at. the guy from criminal minds now that someone we might like seeing in their t.d.s. ray and scott good show.

January 17 2010 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply