September 18, 2014

NBC's new 10 PM lineup includes Seinfeld, Parenthood, Friday Night Lights

by Joel Keller, posted Jan 14th 2010 4:02PM
NBC logoIn the middle of the raging late-night war, NBC has let word about their post-Olympics 10 pm schedule slip to those in the know, including Joe Adalian of TheWrap.com.

As NBC entertainment president Jeff Gaspin explained earlier in the week, the slot will contain a combination of reality and scripted shows, and news. The pleasant surprises: Parenthood is slotted at 10 PM ET on Tuesdays, after NBC's hit The Biggest Loser. It starts March 2. Law & Order starts continues its season with a two-hour episode on March 1, and will settle into a Monday at 10 slot on March 8. SVU goes to Wednesdays at 10 on March 3, led in by reruns of the show.

On the reality front, Jerry Seinfeld's The Marriage Ref will air at 10 PM ET after the Thursday comedy block, starting March 4 (it sneak previews after the Olympic closing ceremonies on Feb. 28). And on Fridays, a two-hour Dateline will bow at 9, preceded first by the reality series Who Do You Think You Are, starting March 5, then Friday Night Lights on April 30.

Got it? There will be a quiz later.

JillS

I'm SO glad NBC renewed Friday Night Lights! I'm watching the show from the pilot and I'm totally hooked. I can catch up between now and April 30th. I love the show.

February 07 2010 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michaelmktg

Thank you for bringing Friday Night Lights back to network TV..What a well written show and the cast is great as well.....Can't wait until April 2010

January 15 2010 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dana

Why did I have a feeling that Sienfeld was behind all this waiting to air his show in Jays time slot. Zucker and Sienfeld have been in bed all this time to create this trouble.

January 14 2010 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

Well at least we finally know when Friday Night Lights will be back on network TV.

January 14 2010 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oc

I still watch L & O so Mondays at 10 works for me. If it weren't for L & O, I'd avoid the network altogether especially considering how they handled this late night situation.

January 14 2010 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

They may as well put on color bars. Once Conan departs, I won't watch that network anymore.

January 14 2010 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Buckly

I will still watch Community, 30 Rock, Law & Order, and Jimmy Fallon. There are still some quality shows I enjoy on NBC and I should probably enjoy them before Zucker screws them over too.

January 14 2010 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monty

I'm done with NBC. There was only one show I consistently watched anyway, and I'll grab that online somewhere.

January 14 2010 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dean

Parenthood sounds interesting but not the rest. So I'll go from watching that time slot five times a week to one. Good job NBC.

January 14 2010 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Buckly

Uh...Law & Order started its 20th season in September of 2009.

January 14 2010 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply