July 22, 2014

Subtle Subtitles: Jay and Conan

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 15th 2010 6:09PM
Men of a Certain Age
If you haven't seen our game before, we give you a picture from a recent episode of a TV series and you provide the caption!

Last week's winner is Jay with this: Seriously guy, sit down. It's just Janet Jackson's nipple. I really want to hear JT sing."

This week's pic is from a while back but I thought it was appropriate, Jay and Conan talking to each other on The Tonight Show.

Conan, Leno

Gwen

" Read my lips...no new time slot!!!"

January 18 2010 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kurt

First thing I am going to do is change the chair. I can smell Leno ass from here.

January 18 2010 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Punchdrunkbrian

"I should probably warn you that i've got NBC by the short hairs, so the second I decide to come back to The Tonight Show they'll have no choice but to comply"

"I don't buy it, i'm sticking to the plan"

January 17 2010 at 2:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonehead

"Don't worry Conan. This isn't my first time screwing someone out of the Tonight Show. I'll try and be gentle."

January 16 2010 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy

Jay: Listen Conan, I just know it's not going to work out for me in my 10pm slot. So this is what's going to happen: Over the next few months when my show starts tanking, I'm going to drop hints at various media outlets that I would still like The Tonight Show back. This will lead to countless rumors that NBC is having doubts about you only a few months in. Then when you and the affiliates start to suffer in the ratings because of my show, I'll play innocent while NBC publicly tries to drive you off the network. What do you think so far?

Conan: Go on.....

January 16 2010 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

"so the guys upstairs want to shake things up, so I say we move things around, I'll take an earlier slot. Phone in my performance so it's a failure. We'll publicly take shots at the company, all the while coming out smelling like roses. You threaten to quit.....they'll never let you go. If they do, I'll sign you on as a partner, and we can do the show like Osmand's with the singing and everything like we've always talked about........it's the only way to get back at those guys."

January 16 2010 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim Wilkins

Jay: Airing a half a hour later? How bad can it be?

Conan: I don't know, something's not right, like the fact NBC always puts you first.

January 16 2010 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bza

"Oh, crap, this guy really likes doing this."

January 16 2010 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctunightfall

Jay: (whispers) You have the best chance to leave this hellhole. Here's the plan...

Conan: We will see...

January 16 2010 at 7:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Taramoor

Jay: So Conan, you had a nice gig there for about eight months, and now you're back on the free market, king of the world, what are your plans for the future? What's next for Conan?

Conan (thought bubble): This man has no idea who I am, does he?

January 16 2010 at 7:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply