July 29, 2014

Is CBS about to give Alex O'Loughlin another show?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 18th 2010 4:00PM
Alex O'LoughlinWe told you a while back about a new version of Hawaii Five-0 that CBS had in the works. Now it looks like they might have their leading man: a vampire doctor!

Alex O'Loughlin, to be exact, who starred in two flops on CBS recently, the vampire drama Moonlight and the medical drama Three Rivers. The network seems to love the guy and they want to give him another show to star in, and that show might be the remake of the Hawaii-based cop show. Sources will only say that "talks are ongoing."

What do you think of this casting? Whoever they get for the show, I only have one request: please keep the original theme song.

Jan

Alex can do any part you give him. CBS really screwed up when it dropped Moonlight. He was made for that part. I bought the DVD and watch it all the time. He is great!!! He looks good in scrubs and I watched the show for him only. As I am sure to watch anything he is in. He has become one of my favorite actors. Just so you know, everyone I know, male and female, loved Moonlight and were sorry it was droped.

February 03 2010 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay1frances

One thing is certain . . . there isn't a role that Alex can't completely own. He's brilliant. I'd love to see him in a Hawaii 5-0 remake. I'd love to see him in anything. Frankly, Moonlight was cancelled way too soon, and I would be over-the-moon to see it come back and be given a fresh start and another chance - but only with Alex as Mick. He IS Mick. :)

February 01 2010 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TessaAlexander

Alex is versatile and talented enough to make H5O a success.

The problem with his past projects was that there were too many variables beyond his conrol that sank both Moonlight and Three Rivers.

You can have the most exciting and gifted actor you can find in a series, but if you have behind the scenes angst or bland writing the show will fail.

Cast and writers from Moonlight have talked openly about all of the behind the scenes issues that hurt the show.

Critics and fans have posted about bland writing. bland guest actors, lack of character development, and a feeling that the show seemed more like a PSA than a drama. Three Rivers didn't fail because of Alex, and neither did Moonlight.

Nice to see how passionate Alex fans are still, and he will have many new fans with this project. Nina came up with the "actor-centric" phrase, and why fans keep using it to bash each other is beyond me.

There is room for all Alex fans, whether you are moving on with Alex to each new project or even if you are still waiting for Moonlight to return. The energy expended sniping at each other won't result in a network exec caring or changing their plans so why not lighten up.

I still love Moonlight, but am willing to give this new project a chance. Maybe this time there won't be problems beyond Alex's control to sink the show.

January 31 2010 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zippy_zip74467

I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I don't really care for Alex, but the show might have somebody else that I might like.

January 23 2010 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Char

Shoulda kept this show on. Had a friend who had a heart transplant. This was an important show. Liked the main character, too. Why do you guys take off all the good shows and leave all the dumb ones on? You think the American public are idiots?

January 22 2010 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Char

Moonlight was not a flop. It won the People's Choice Award. The only losers were his fans and CBS. I boycotted that network until it gave us back Alex in Three Rivers...only to have him yanked again by CBS. Do right by him, please. He's a winner...wise up and recognize that fact.

January 22 2010 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Char

Moonlight won the People's Choice Award... the only loser in that deal was CBS. The only reason I started watching CBS again was because they gave Alex Three Rivers. Again, they are the losers. I hope they do right by Alex this time. I'll watch whatever he's in.

January 22 2010 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marisa

After reading the comments above, I think Alex made it clear that Moonlight was a project very dear to him and that he deeply regretted the cancellation of the series, clearly an unfair cancellation, premature and erroneous, that is something, of what the CBS always will regret.
But Alex, specifically requested to all your loyal fans, that we follow him in his career and his future projects and that means not holding on to Moonlight, by more than to all us came to the heart and we miss it so much.
The Alex's career has to go forward and move on his way with new projects, look behind constantly is not support to him, and his fans, we not making to him any favors thinking that he should back on his steps.
If we want that he have succeed as it deserves, we should support any new project quality in which able to demonstrate, that besides be a charming, sexy and very handsome man, Alex is an actor of enormous talent yet to be discovered, just needs a little luck, a quality project and support, but of true of CBS to him, something that until now he has not had.
I know that Alex is so a good actor, that he can make a magnificent role of detective, already we have seen him as Mick in Moonlight and as Kevin in The Shield, with excellent results.
I do not know if Hawaii Five-O is the best possible project to finally launch his career to the success, but at least has a good team of writers and an executive producer on prestige, I think we should wait to see what happens in reality and have trust in his wisdom to choose it best, Alex will be who decide in any case.
I am ready to support him in whatever he decides to do and I wish you all the luck in the world, for that this time it be all a great success.

January 21 2010 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NANA

YES CONNIE THEY WERE, BUT FIRST THEY WERE CANCELLED, AND PICKED UP BY ANOTHER NETWORK, THEN THEY RAN FOR SEVERAL YEARS....

January 20 2010 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to NANA's comment
Lynn

WERE THEY PICKED UP YEARS AFTER CANCELLATION? DON'T THINK SO.

January 20 2010 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Radiant

Based on the following facts, I believe that Hawaii Five O will be a huge success of a crime drama, especially with Alex O'Loughlin portraying the leading role of Chris McGarrett on the beautiful island of Hawaii. Star Trek/Transformers writers and Fringe co-creators, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci along with CSI:NY executive producer and writer of the cult hit Demolition Man, Peter M. Lenkov, will be penning the pilot. What is more certain is that Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci (Fringe, Alias, Star Trek [2009]) are working with Peter Lenkov, executive producers of CSI: NY on the script. Good luck and best wishes to the creators, producers, writers and Alex O'Loughlin on Hawaii Five O.

January 19 2010 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply