Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul bound to be together again

by Allison Waldman, posted Jan 18th 2010 10:25AM
paula_abdul_simon_cowell_foxNow that Simon Cowell's future has been determined and this is his last season with American Idol, his head is really into the next phase of his life, Fox's The X Factor. With that in mind, it doesn't come as a surprise that Simon would like Paula Abdul as a judge on The X Factor. We've actually written about it before and it seems more than likely to come to pass now.

It makes perfect sense, too. Simon would be drawing viewers from American Idol to The X Factor from the start. There would be both a curiosity factor, seeing Simon and Paula shoulder to shoulder together again, and there would also be a familiarity factor. It would look and feel like Idol, making fans settle in to the newer show no what matter the differences in the competition.

Simon is nothing if not a brilliant businessman. Paula Abdul would be a very smart hire. No matter how loopy or goofy she can be, her chemistry with Simon is undeniable. He can be sure to bring that compelling TV dynamic to The X Factor just by signing her to the program.

And he's in a position to make it happen. Remember, Simon never wanted Paula to leave American Idol. Her departure was about money. As the producer of The X Factor, Simon can ensure that Paula's well-paid and happy to be on his program.

In other X Factor new, the British judge Cheryl Cole might be sitting in the other chair when the show launches in September 2011.

Anonymous

.,American idol season 9 had just started. I'm an american idol fanatic as well as Paula Abdul fanatic.. I'll admit, I'm still watching ai even paula was not there, and i'm just watching it now just to find out how it is without her. But it gets very boring now,.. and I don't know what's up with me, why I'm still watching it. It gets very different.. By the way, if paula will be on US X Factor, that would be a great idea.. and I promise I'm going to tune in.

I love you Paula.. Godbless you.. I can't wait to see you and simon cowell together again. Hope to see you on X FActor!@..Xoxo..

January 20 2010 at 9:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rvscrapper

I agree Simon Fuller created Idol ... something so many forget ... if given a chance I think it could continue ... it is the kids that make it a winner if they get good judge ... Randy is excellent let's give it a chance.

I think where Simon is a good businesman he loves to play hardball and I am not sure I like his techniques ... I know I am not impressed with Paula ... where she was better last season ... I have become more and more disappointed in her ... I know I am not a young innocent ... but I feel that somewhere we need to cut the line in what is fair and moral ... we lost these things years ago ... however, shame on Simon Fuller not to put a clause in their contracts that they had to wait "x" amount of years before the could create and judge such a "copycat" type of show ... didn't show much foresight for an experienced businessman. But life will go on ... in the "Grand scheme of life ... this isn't such a BIG deal"

January 19 2010 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

Paula and Simon were the best part of American Idol. Without them the show is never going to be the same. Where its Idol's loss, its X Factor's gain. I can't wait for Simon and Paula to reunite on X Factor. I'll definitely watch the show.

January 19 2010 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neri

Simon and Paula are a great team. I think A. Idol will fall short now that both of them are gone.

January 18 2010 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lou

Paula and Simon go together like chocolate and ice cream. Worried about Ellen. I love her, but not so sure about being on Idol. Without Paula this time around, seems weird.

January 18 2010 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

They should of gave Paula a raise but since they didnt, now Simon is leaving too.

The show will not be the same with just Randy saying Dawg and Kara ..who???

January 18 2010 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

Yes and without Paula or Simon, the other judges are nothing.
They were the ones who we wanted to hear comment.

Good luck in Xfactor you two.

Cant wait till that begins.

January 18 2010 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jbjg24m

hell, i 'd do Paula without taking a second thought !

January 18 2010 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Laurie

who the F*** Cares what these two attention seeking tramps do?? Why is this news?? What is the fasination of the personal lives of a mean person who insults bad karaoke wanna-be's and a has been 80's singer who pops prescription pills all day??

January 18 2010 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PEPPA

I STOPPED WATCHING AI AFTER SEASON SIX. AT LEAST IF IT WAS NOT SEASON SIX, THEN WHATEVER SEASON IT WAS when BO BICE AND ELLIOT YAMIN WERE CONTESTANTS.
I WILL, HOWEVER WATCH SIMON'S NEW SHOW WHEN IT DEBUTS HERE IN THE USA.
IT WOULD BE TERRIFIC IF PAULA JOINS SIMON ONCE AGAIN. THEIR GOOD TOGETHER.
HMmmmmm the plan all along ??? HMmmmmmm???

January 18 2010 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply