September 16, 2014

Push to become a television series

by Brad Trechak, posted Jan 20th 2010 12:00PM
PushRemember the movie Push? Don't feel bad. Nobody else does either. However, that hasn't stopped Summit Entertainment from revamping the movie into a television series.

David Hayter, the scriptwriter behind the Watchmen movie and two of the X-Men films, will be writing the pilot episode. The movie starred Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning and was about a group of super-powered individuals who banned together to fight a corrupt government. Kind of like X-Men. Or Heroes. Or Misfits of Science. Or any one of a hundred similar properties.

No network has been attached to the series yet. Hopefully it will get on Fox so it can be canceled within twelve episodes. Even worse, Fox might pair it on Friday nights with the U.S. version of Torchwood, guaranteeing the destruction of both series.

Admittedly, my curiosity is now somewhat piqued. I may go rent the movie. Anybody see it? How was it?

Uplift

What most other people said: enjoyable movie. Not deep, not brilliant, not wonderful, but solid for what it was. Not that it's really relevant, but it succeeded where Jumper failed.

January 24 2010 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dvd-fan

wow ,the movie seems cool,maybe i can preoder it on http://www.dvd-fan.com/tv-series-dvd.html,http://www.replicabagsale.com

January 21 2010 at 5:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nick

Not going in with high expectations, I enjoyed Push. It was stylish and well done. Kind of reminded me of watching the first season of Heroes.

January 20 2010 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leah

I liked the movie, but I thought it was a little too long. If I remember correctly it's 2 1/2 hours.

January 20 2010 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

Push was awesome. They had left it for sequels, which I was excited about. Like others said, it's not award-winning but I enjoyed it a lot. I'm excited to think that there might be TV show to continue the movie and comic.

Also excited that Perry Moore and Stan Lee are working on converting Moore's Hero to a TV series for a cable movie network. Showtime I think.

January 20 2010 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

They "banned together"? Spell check will NEVER replace a good editor.

January 20 2010 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex

I really liked Push and was hoping there would be sequels. But seeing how it was virtually ignored at the box office I figured that wasn't going to happen. Definitely worth at least a rental.

January 20 2010 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alex

Band - verb (used with object)
to unite in a troop, company, or confederacy.

January 20 2010 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to alex's comment
Tina

my favorite http://www.replicabagsale.com/category-62-b0-Chanel-Handbags.html

January 21 2010 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
j5kevin550

I don't understand why people trash this movie so much. I agree that it's not the best movie or anything but it was still pretty good. It had a lot more potential than was realized and they could've done better.

I'd think it'd do better on HBO or Showtime too, maybe even Starz since they're doing that Spartacus: Blood and Sand show that's similar to 300.. but I think it could do well on normal cable too like FX or TNT or USA too.

January 20 2010 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpuzzlewhiz

Okay, I'll say it: "Push" can just go and SHOVE it!

January 20 2010 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply