November 23, 2014

Family Feud gets a new host

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 21st 2010 3:02PM
Steve HarveySo, are you in the "love John O'Hurley as Family Feud host" camp or "hate John O'Hurley as Family Feud host" camp? I guess it doesn't really matter now. The show has hired a new host.

Steve Harvey will replace O'Hurley as host of the long-running syndicated game show. Officially, O'Hurley says that he is leaving the show to focus on the musical Chicago and other things.

Not sure how I feel about this. Actually, that's not true. I know how I feel about: ambivalent. I don't really watch Family Feud. I think the only time I watch it anymore is if I'm surfing around and happen to land on it and there's nothing else on.

claire atkinson

We liked John in Seinfeld, started watching FF because he hosted it, my wife and I think he is great and we love his music.
To all others, sorry but John is the best host FF has ever had, I wouldn't watch it before.

March 27 2010 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
izikavazo

Oh those teeth! That's all I can look at. So awful.

January 21 2010 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

Long live Richard Dawson!!! (smooch!)

January 21 2010 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

I'll tune in now that Steve Harvey is the host.. I think he is hilarious.

January 21 2010 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

O'Hurley was great in Spamalot here in San Francisco hopefully his career on the great white way treats him well....

January 21 2010 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brett Alan

I do tend to watch FF, or more accurately to put it on in the afternoon while I'm doing other things and pay attention to the bonus round or to questions I find intriguing.

O'Hurley has been a very good host, possibly the best since Richard Dawson, and certainly better than his two predecessors on the current incarnation. I have no idea whether Harvey will be good or not, but he has big shoes to fill. I'm sorry to see O'Hurley go.

I'd wager it's been a very long time since any game show went to the fourth host of its run. (I'm not counting different incarnations of the show--Harvey is the fourth host of THIS version of the Feud.) Most game shows either haven't lasted that long, or have kept one host for many years (Barker on TPIR, Trebek on J!, Sajak on Wheel).

January 21 2010 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply