April 23, 2014

Rob Lowe leaving Brothers & Sisters

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 21st 2010 4:51PM
Rob LoweRob Lowe has announced that he is leaving the hit ABC drama Brothers & Sisters.

His reps confirm that Lowe is leaving the show later this season because he isn't being used enough. Every time I hear that as the reason why someone is leaving a show I think of the line Catherine said on NewsRadio after a magazine review said she wasn't being used enough. Dave said that he'd "find more ways to use you" and Catherine responded "uh huh. I've heard that noise before." Lowe plays Senator Robert McAllister on the show and he's married to Calista Flockhart's character Kitty.

Lowe left a hit TV show once before. He quit The West Wing in the middle of the fourth season, pretty much for the same reason. ABC would like to keep him around and maybe give him his own show. That's a great idea. As long as it's not a rejuvenated Dr. Vegas.

Tonya

"I say, you go Rob Lowe, you got business to take care of..." I think that when I saw Rob Lowe on my new big screen tv I realized he ain't getting any younger. I'll bet there are plenty of roles he could be playing right now on The Lifetime Channel.
Also, Kitty is not gonna get well from her illness until she gets rid of that self centered senator. Maybe we will see him leave soon because he really loved that doctor from whom they adopted the black child. The child is probably their love child and the senator will decide he really loves the doctor when she comes back from wherever she went and is 9 months pregnant again with his new child. So, they decide to leave to start a family life with their love child and new love child to be.

January 25 2010 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tonya

I guess if Rob Lowe wants more coverage or story line on Brothers & Sisters he is just gonna have to go bi- sexual and fall in love with a different brother each week. Then when he reaches his penacle and Callista finds out she can push the Senator into the pool.

January 23 2010 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linda

I really like Rob Lowe on "Brothers and Sisters". This is a great show with a huge cast. Many of the actors are well known stars. I wish he would re think his decision.

January 23 2010 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dar

Really! I mean really!! Come on Rob, your almost in EVERY episode I watch the show every Sunday nite. I think you get more aire time than most of the actors! Thank God that you even have a job! most of us live day by day and I said _Day_ Not paycheck to paycheck.

January 22 2010 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
twinkies for all

Isn't that all Gilles did? He provided fuel for the gawkers, and that's about all he could offer. Although the deadbeat role seemed to work perfectly for him.

January 22 2010 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobcheesedoodle

Rob Lowe plays a republican politician on the show. Now he's leaving the show, dumping Kitty while she has cancer. And that's just fine with many of you. Yet when John Edwards fools around on his skanky biotch wife while she has cancer, he gets criticized for it. I say what is good for the goose (John Edwards) is good for the gander (Rob Lowe). Rob Lowe should be impeached from the show.

January 22 2010 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Bobcheesedoodle's comment
twinkies for all

While I like Rob Lowe and will miss Sanator McAllister on the show, I am reminded of a couple of things. The show is called "Brothers and Sisters". It is about the Walker family. Lowe's character is not a main character and never was. Also, I'd like to point out to a few that Rob was not one of the original stars of the show. He appeard late in the first season, as a guest star. I do agree with other posters that he might be a bit arrogant. He was recently on "The Tonight Show" and told Conan O'brien that the producers of "Brothers and Sisters" put a stipulation in his contract that he could not tan himself too much. He seemed a bit peeved at that, and truthfully, it did seem like a strange sipulation. Since this show is a drama, I think it would be a good idea to kill his character off. You can't re-cast a role that Rob Lowe played.

January 22 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

He will be missed :p Bring back Gilles Marini, he was great! All he has to do is sit there, by the pool and I will become a fan again.

January 22 2010 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tonya

Brothers and Sisters better think of something quick!!I am very disappointed to hear that Rob Lowe is leaving the show...It definately won't be the same without him! I love watching Rob and Calista. They are great together!! B&S should figure out a way to keep him! He is an amazing actor and this character is perfect for him! It should show both him and Calista doing things that make a difference! Show some of todays issues like Haiti, the economy, fighting the greedy banking industry, helping people keep their homes, etc. and give him a chance to portray someone making a difference and fighting for what is right!!! That is exciting TV! If we can't find someone to do it in real life...it would be wonderful to see it on B&S!! Come on writers! Give us something intelligent to watch! Your losing him because he needs to be challenged. All good actors do! Give them all better material! Not fluff and stupid sex scenes!!
This show has a wonderful cast of characters and amazing actors who portray them! Give them all better material that they can sink their teeth into! Nora needs to be strong and intelligent! A matriarch with brains! Sally is great! Sarah spends too much time going from bed to bed. Show her doing great work too! And where is anyones moral compasses?? Remember those? Please quit lowering the bar! Don't make this such a sleaze fest! Brothers and Sisters step it up!!

January 22 2010 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Well here is just another reason to have another Gay character on the show, to replace him! You can never have enough gay in a show.. But they really need to show the true, real gay life on tv!

January 22 2010 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply