July 22, 2014

AMC orders a pilot for The Walking Dead

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 22nd 2010 4:26PM
One of the most sought after comic book properties is one step closer to infecting a television near you.

AMC has ordered a pilot for The Walking Dead based on the popular Robert Kirkman comic book series with Frank Darabont still attached to write, direct and produce it.

I can't tell how psyched I am to hear it. Not only am I excited to learn that AMC is producing and bringing this awesome comic series to life, but I'm even more excited to learn that zombies are starting to take over the deluge of suck that are vampires. If both factions got into a war, zombies could totally kick the vampires' collective asses. It's just simple science.

WalkingDeadFan

Check out Brian Bedell's pitch piece for TWD!!!

February 13 2010 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ninjak

I own the Walking Dead series of comics and I'm looking forward to seeing how well this adaptation is. Would have expected this to be more of an HBO show rather than AMC considering the gore and violence of the comic. And I find it rather funny that the AOL news link header is "classic comic possibly coming to TV", considering that this comic is only about 5 years old at this point. How is that exactly classic? :D

January 25 2010 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bud Maxwell

If humans deteriorating into zombies and vampires are reputedly made in the so-called image of God, then I have it on good authority that virtual millions of Gophers laugh at that theory. LOL

January 25 2010 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary_the_no_trash_cougar

If every pilot I'm interested in seeing makes it to the screen then I'll have a 90 hour a week schedule. This is one of many I am psyched for.

January 24 2010 at 8:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Glenn

Holy crap! The comic is pretty great (its had its up and downs, but on the whole pretty strong), I just don't know if this would be a multi-year storyline (the timeline in the comic has passed the year mark since the zombie takeover) or a one-off miniseries.

But still, wow.