April 25, 2014

Ever wondered what happened to the cast of Salute Your Shorts?

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 22nd 2010 7:28PM
Me neither.

But that still didn't stop the folks from Celebuzz from compiling a "Where Are They Now?" list of the Nickelodeon summer camp comedy's principle cast from bad Bobby Budnick all the way to Z.Z. Ziff.

The tales of the cast post kiddie-cable stardom range from the barely out of work to busier than you or I will ever be. I won't spoil anything for you, but let's just say that Ug became the most successful person to ever come out of Camp Anawanna.

[via Buzzfeed]

alk02g

I dunno... I might argue for Blake Soper. He was a great "Joey the Rat" on Boy Meets World, and he was a strange character on 3rd Rock as well. Plus, Rilo Kiley is a cool band, I saw them in FL once.

January 24 2010 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

There should be a show about camp on television at all times.. documentary, reality, or scripted..

January 23 2010 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

"Me neither."

What is wrong with you? My obsession is finding out what happened to movie/television stars of yesteryear. So technically I had already performed this research before, but I still am baffled that Donkey Lips isn't successful. He would fit into roles like Randy of "My Name is Earl" easily.

Venus Demillo isn't bad either.

January 23 2010 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

Gotta disagree with your conclusion here. While Kirk Baily (Ug) gets bonus points for doing anime voicework, Danny Cooksey (Budnick) has an even more extensive resume in the voice artist field.

January 23 2010 at 2:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Fulton

MillionairePlayboy.com had an entire Salute Your Shorts week over the summer

They also had a three part interview with Sponge

January 22 2010 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

What?! Pinsky is way more successful than Ug.

January 22 2010 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Adam's comment
ben.ailes

agreed.

how about a "where are they now" of "Hey Dude"?

January 22 2010 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply