September 17, 2014

Jennifer Lopez meets Barney on How I Met Your Mother

by Allison Waldman, posted Jan 27th 2010 1:00PM
jennifer_lopez_headshotI could get used to this daily dose of good news from How I Met Your Mother. First, Bays and Thomas get a new deal, then Mother gets an early renewal for next season, and now Jennifer Lopez is going to guest on How I Met Your Mother.

That's right, JLo will be hanging with the crew, and in a move that I heartily support, she will not play herself. Jennifer has been cast as Anita Appleby, a self-help author who knows all about male-female relationships.

When Robin meets Anita and tell her all about Barney Stinson, master of the universe and womanizer extraordinaire, Anita decides that she will break him of his nasty ways with women.

Co-creator Carter Bays sounded positively giddy in the CBS press release, saying of the guest turn, "We couldn't be more excited about Jennifer Lopez joining us on How I Met Your Mother. We're looking forward to a week of revealing outfits and sexy dance moves the likes of which this show hasn't seen since Regis Philbin guest starred."

I can only imagine that Regis will read that comment as a throwdown challenge!

The JLo episode will air in March. It probably won't happen, but after seeing how great the cast did with the musical number, wouldn't it be great if Jennifer prompted another big production number?

Sigma982

I'm neither here nor there on the fact that J-Lo will be on the show.....The good thing is that they're bringing in guest spots that can open the audience even further (as Britney did for a few episodes).....Given the quality of the writing, I don't think anyone can really ruin the episode that badly.

BUT....(no pun intended)....PLEASe PLEASE PLEEEEASE no more musical numbers. They don't need them and they do NOTHING for the show......the last musical number was nothing but filler it seemed (in my opinion), and that piano number to close an episode that Jason Segal did a while back was terrible as well....they add nothing to the show, in my opinion, and are more cheesey, cringe-worthy pieces than anything else...

January 28 2010 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
flo

Jennifer Lopez...is beyong being "from the block".

She is a showy Latina, with a big butt, and tons of makeup ,expensive clothes, much jewelry ,and furs.

She showed her true self on NY EVE when she wore a suit so revealing, it left NOTHING to IMAGINATION..She was so wired, either by alcohol or drugs or both.

She probably was a favorite "couch" gal. One way to get parts in movies that has not died away with the old Barons of movies.

She needs to go home and take care of her twins, btw, they both look exactly like her scarecrow husband.

JENNY STAY ON YOUR BLOCK

flojo

January 28 2010 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

She's gonna break Barney? Ain't gonna happen.

January 27 2010 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gail

I agree with you Bill Hinton..she is a great little actress and I would love to see more of her too....Loved her in Monster in law...she was so funny..

January 27 2010 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don Shook

Who cares what this fat-butted, no talent does?

January 27 2010 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Don Shook's comment
Aaron

Don't bring her into this discussion, let her be, she's preparing your dinner, have more respect for your.......

January 27 2010 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill Hilton

Jennifer Lopez has assets that most would die for! I find her very talented...and, I don't think we see enough of her!

January 27 2010 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

Oh please...

January 27 2010 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rellimlv

J-Lo's unjustifiable gutter comments towards another woman who she does not even know has cost her this fan. The fact that she separated and uttered these comments in another language just furthers my dislike towards hers and showed how low class she really is

January 27 2010 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynda tallman

She needs to stay home, she can't sing or act. The only reason she has fame is due to affirmative action... certainly not talent!

January 27 2010 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lynda tallman's comment
Aaron

WRONG!!! P. Diddy still has her backing so shut your pie hole dumnuts

January 27 2010 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cora

I used to adore Jennifer Lopez. Now I can't stand the sight of her. I don't mind that she vocalizes her political opinions but calling another woman a bitch on national TV, simply because she doesn't like her politics, is very low class. See ya Jen, I'm putting right down there with Oprah.

January 27 2010 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply