October 25, 2014

Samantha Harris to leave Dancing with the Stars

by Michael Pascua, posted Jan 28th 2010 7:00PM
Samantha Harris on the set o Dancing with the Stars.My one wish has finally come true: Samantha Harris is officially leaving Dancing with the Stars. People has announced that Samantha will not be returning when the tenth season begins in March.

While the producers and Tom Bergeron have voiced how they are going to miss Samantha, I'm happy to finally see her off screen. She has made several fashion faux-pas, has accidentally said contestants scores before the judges revealed their paddles, and has had poor judgment when cutting off interviews. I can't believe that she's been around for eight seasons.

If I had my way I would choose season eight contestant Melissa Rycroft to replace Samantha Harris. While Miss Piggy did a great job in last season's finale, she would only be funny for a short period. Melissa knows how the contestants feel, has had previous work in front of the camera (most recently Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve), and feels more genuine than Samantha ever was. As long as Lisa Canning from season one doesn't return, I'll be happy.

I'm sure we'll see Samantha in some form of entertainment hosting position or doing a stint on Broadway, so I'm sure this decision was strategically made. Who do you think should replace Samantha Harris? Leave comments below.

eimee123

Finally !! She made mistakes contantly. Boring. But really not pleased with Burke Booke. Very smug, really regards herself highly. Just me ??

April 06 2010 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gabrielle Assemian

I loved Samantha i am sad to see her leaving!! You guys are just way too judmental!! Anyway i thought she was fine, i liked her really and i will miss her. In the meantime, Brooke is so annoying!!!! Boy she is annoying and she should cover the breasts a bit. I don't think i will watch the show with her there all the time!!! Bring back season 1 co-host please, please, please!!!

March 26 2010 at 11:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Geri

PLEASE, just not Brooke. I got so sick of her when she was a contestant and now, God forbid, we have to see her over and over again!!!!

March 22 2010 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diasum1@aol.com

dee:

didn"t know sam was leaving but a little glad
I did thing she was trying to make more of a
fashion statement then a co-host. I was starting to lose interest,but I thing Milissa would be a great co-host. I love Mr.Tom

March 22 2010 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay

Thank goodness Samantha Harris is gone...I had given up watching because of her. She has the most annoying voice and her fashion sense is senseless...
I think Melissa will be a good co-host and worth watching to see...

March 09 2010 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

I am glad Samantha is leaving, she did horrible interiews in the back room. Although Drew Lachey did very well, when Harris was on leave, I would like to Stacie Kiebler step in. Don't know how she would do, but great to look at. It would be something for the guys who are forced to watch this show w/thier wives

February 09 2010 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Di

Lynn Hoffman seems like a perfect fit to me.

February 04 2010 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

Lynn Hoffman of A&E should host DWTS with Tom! They would make an awesome team.

February 02 2010 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandon

I was pleasantly surprised at the great job that Drew Lachey did while Samantha was on maternity leave, so my vote is for him. However, they may want a female co-host, so it'll probably be either Melissa Rycroft or Nancy O'Dell. I wouldn't mind former "Extra" personalities Dayna Devon or Tanika Ray, though.

January 30 2010 at 7:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy

Thank God. I muted the tv every time she spoke, or should i say misspoke. I vote for cat deely from sytycd. love her

January 29 2010 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply