October 24, 2014

Sneak Peek: Bridgestone's Super Bowl ad

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 28th 2010 3:02PM
The Super Bowl is coming up on February 7, and as usual TV Squad will have analysis of the game as well as predictions on whether Peyton Manning can handle the Saints' defense. Just kidding. Actually, we'll have analysis of the ads, including this one from Bridgestone titled "Whale of a Tale." Three guys and a whale in a truck.

Question: does this ad make you want to see the rest during the Super Bowl or will you completely forget about it and maybe just happen to see it because you're going to watch the Super Bowl anyway? Do these things work (and I guess I'm asking if the other kind of ad works, the TV commercial that tells you to go to a web site to see the conclusion of the ad. I hate those.)

[via Adfreak]

jffm

Nope. It's not surreal enough.

As odd as the situation is, I can fill in a less than intriguing backstory almost immediately. Beached whale. Three guys trying to rescue it. Put it into their pick-up. Race to the beach.

It's oddball, sure, but not completely off the wall enough to amuse me while rousing my curiosity about what comes next.

They need to get to Monty Python, but only made it to bad "wacky" sitcom.

January 29 2010 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jffm's comment
jffm

Wrote 'beached' twice. Should have said stranded the first time; like how some animals will make it into inland freshwater areas.

d'oh.

January 29 2010 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wombat32

This is the apocalypse, for certain.

A commercial advertising a commercial?

January 28 2010 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Wombat32's comment
geerod

Don't you think people will soon "tire" of this idea? lol

January 28 2010 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

i'm not even going to watch this part.

January 28 2010 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply