Right now on Cinematical
by Kona Gallagher, posted Jan 30th 2010 10:00AM
The folks at our sister site Cinematical are working hard to give you news and reviews of the best -- and worst -- the silver screen has to offer. Here are some of their musings on the latest blockbusters, indies, and everything in between:
- You may think that basing a movie on a parenting handbook called, Eat, Sleep, Poop is a bad idea, but Mean Girls was based on Queen Bees and Wannabees, which was basically a parenting handbook for older kids. And Mean Girls is awesome.
- We're in the middle of awards season now, and some critics think that Paul Rudd was overlooked for his contribution to the film, I Love You Man. Who do you think should have been on stage accepting an award?
- There is a large contingent of the moviegoing population who watched the new Sherlock Holmes and wished that Holmes and Watson took their relationship to the next level. They kind of get their wish in Billy Wilder's The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes.
- As a huge Veronica Mars and Kristen Bell fan, I want to believe that When In Rome is a good movie. However, the evidence suggests otherwise. You can read Cinematical's review of When In Rome, here.
- Is Edge of Darkness going to be Mel Gibson's comeback film? Read what Cinematical thinks about it here.